kjmass21

DD Z18 on Music

For anyone who thinks the DD Z subs are burp only. Powered by a Stetsom 5K only seeing roughly 3K in this video.

Videos, LOL.  I've seen videos of Formula 1 and NHRA Top Fuel funny cars driving on the street.  Doesn't mean they make sense on the street.

I agree but the Z is a musical sub, performs great on music but also has the ability to take a ton of power of higher frequency burps. To give you an idea the box its currently in is tuned at 27 Hz and I have no problems with the sub.

I can only speculate, having never heard one. But based on other DD subs I've heard, its musical ability seems like it would be nill, granted the inductance of neo subs is typically lower, so I dunno

I can only speak from my own experience but the 9500's I've heard and my Z all have sounded good on music. The 9512 sounded better overall then my 18's have, but the 18's murder on the lows.

Where is the kickbass and double drums?

I only hear solid notes, following each other slowly.

It's not that i don't believe the DDZ can't play music, because it's a sub, offcourse it can play music.(every subwoofer can, it's just a matter of how long and how it sounds..)

Ill take some video of other music and post it soon.

When I had my DDZ18" it sounded fantastic on music. Played double bass with amazing accuracy and pounded the lows like a monster.