Sign in to follow this  
eviljin

12" D2 1.25 or 1.5 for sealed?

My enclosure engineer keeps on insisting to make it 1.25 cubes. Couldn't break every1's advise here to go 1.5 after displacement. WTF is he recommending 1.25? This fukker is also not concerned about the thickness of the MDF, I cant remember how many times I reminded him to make it 3/4" inch. How thick are they usually? If it requires trimming to make it 3/4" of an inch, that f00ker probably wont even bother. =\ I think Ill get another one from Gnome. What is his site's URL?

Edited by eviljin

can't help you with the box, but Gnome's site is www.gnomeaudio.com. he makes awesome boxes as i'm sure you know. mine should be here early next week:).

Edited by harold

Thicker MDF would be fine (1"), but 3/4" is a good thickness that's easily available. Why the 1.25...I have no clue. 1.5 is kinda big (at the top of our recommendations), but it sure wouldn't hurt anything. :D

If you like tight puchy bass is the 1.5 to big? I have a box I made, I spend alot of time on and don't want to build it over. It is 3 ft^3 shared space for 2-12". If it's to big can I use spray foam to make space smaller? It is in a single cab 02' ram, with subs firing into back of seats. Not much space to work with, Would it sound good?

You can pretty much use anything you can think of to take up some extra volume in the box. I wouldn't really use the foam, because it's porous and you'll never be 100% accurate with it, but then again, I don't really think you'll have to be that accurate. So I guess go for it.

my box came out to 1.66 cubes sealed after wood displacement. how big will my box be after i put the sub in? do u guys think my box is too big? what should i put in the box to take away some space. i was thinking to just glue some wood in there.

my box came out to 1.66 cubes sealed after wood displacement. how big will my box be after i put the sub in? do u guys think my box is too big? what should i put in the box to take away some space. i was thinking to just glue some wood in there.

U can use 2x2's/2x4's(calculate displacement) & wood glue