hondakilla98

03 Lincoln Town Car Daily Driver Build

I just picked up a 2003 Lincoln Town Car two days ago. Yesterday I put the head unit and active crossover in, today I should be running the camera wire and sub rca's to the trunk. I'll update with some pics later. I planned and purchased everything for an install in my 96 Eldorado, but it never happened. Now the Eldorado is the wife's car and the system will be going in the Town Car. I have a Ported box for 2 SA10's that I'll throw in for now, but I'd like to fit something up on the hump under the rear deck and do a false floor in the deep well in the middle of the trunk for my extra battery and amps. I'm really debating swapping out the 2 sa10's for 3 or 4 8's in a ported box on the hump. Maybe with aero ports running through the rear deck where the 6x9's are.

Pics of car?? Should be a nice build. I think 8s or 10s ported thru the rear deck is a good idea.

steve was telling me you picked one up.. sweet stuff,

pics pics pics :D

Some pics of the trunk area I have to work with.

20120308_121405.jpg

20120308_121348.jpg

20120308_121924.jpg

20120308_121929.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

I did some quick measurements and it looks like I have roughly 41" width, 17" depth, and 10.5" height after I remove the stock sub. So I could do a custom box for the SA10's but just barely, since they are 10.5" across.

Edited by hondakilla98

Nice ride. Now finish this one.

That towncar looks great in white.

Ok. So running off my measurements, I'd have 3.4 cu ft, - .1 per sub for displacement, -.15 per 4" aero port 18" long, giving me 2.9 cu ft @ 34hz.

That towncar looks great in white.

I got lucky on this one, the leather and paint are the colors I wanted, it was well priced and under 100k miles. Something that is hard to find here in the NW.

Now I'm wondering where I'm going to run all my wires.

Edited by hondakilla98

i run my RCa, and remote down the passesnger side. and i run my power under the car and into the cabin under the rear seat,

Nice whip, I always had a thing for town cars and Im jelly of your trunk volume.

Well the sub RCA's are in and so is the backup camera. I'll post pics soon. They are still uploading.

sweet.. just lettting you know man.. steve is one of my all time best friends..... and and i know yall are close aswell....

i have had 31 lincoln town cars in my 29 years.... if there is anything you need to know.. or have a question on.. dont hesitate to ask.. any friend of steves.

although i must say .. you seem like the kinda man that explores and finds his own answers like minded for sure.. but just throwing it out there..

buzzed.

sweet.. just lettting you know man.. steve is one of my all time best friends..... and and i know yall are close aswell....

i have had 31 lincoln town cars in my 29 years.... if there is anything you need to know.. or have a question on.. dont hesitate to ask.. any friend of steves.

although i must say .. you seem like the kinda man that explores and finds his own answers like minded for sure.. but just throwing it out there..

buzzed.

I appreciate it, I'm sure I'll be picking your brain soon enough. I'm just happy to be making some progress with all the stereo stuff I accumulated for my last build. And the weather actually went along today and yesterday. It was sunny and 65 today. Definitely not typical Oregon weather for early march.

very clean. i like it :)

Here I drilled a hole for the camera and license plate light to pass through as well as two holes for the lower screws.

20120308_155115.jpg

Backside of the Alpine license plate ring and camera put together, talk about some tiny ass screws.

20120308_155133.jpg

Marked and drilled a hole for the wires to pass through the license plate.

20120308_155622.jpg

20120308_160207.jpg

Where the camera wire comes out with the reverse light harness.

20120308_171156.jpg

I zip tied it to the harness all the way down the trunk hinge.

20120308_171206.jpg

20120308_171216.jpg

And the payoff! A working backup camera.

20120308_173638.jpg

Here's a night shot.

2012-03-08192601.png

And the trunk all back together.

20120308_192135.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

why the reverse camera ??

i mean it looks good and everything but you dont have a wall or anything so why a need for one lol?

i mean it looks good and everything but you dont have a wall or anything so why a need for one lol?

Simple. It keeps the wife happy. And it keeps my back bumper pristine when she's driving.

Simple. It keeps the wife happy. And it keeps my back bumper pristine when she's driving.

LOL makes sense... i should do the same to my car cause my wifes a scary driver lol

legit answer. Good looking build :)

I use to live in junction city, have family in bend Oregon :)

the back up cam is the next best to proximity warning.. but i dont think they started doing that on the towncars untill 04.. AND it was a option.. so it was extra.

90% percent of lincoln town cars are damaged on the right read bumper. its a blind spot on a large car.. and that mirror clearly states " object in mirror ARE closer then they appear" and its SOO true.. but in a towncar its all to common

a smart upgrade no doubt.

the double din looks sweet.. i have one aswell but its not a screen.. my last lincoln was screened out.. but this time im a little older. and wanted to go a different route. . .

i have a partial active front stage i guess it would be considered because i don't have an active deck..

when steve was tellign me a home from back home just picked up an 03 towncar and was telling me your pl;ans with the 10's i was exited because i have offten thought of doing the same thing.. cause somtimes i get mad at my self with the money and the unchagable cuts i have made to this car.. i offten wish i could just do something simple like 2 SA 10's on 1500 watts a single run of 0/1 and be happy..

in short .. i guess what im saying is i cant wait to see your results .....

and even thought you have been a memeber on here for a while.. you rarely come on.. and i hope that changes :D

I have the proximity system in the car, but it says its disabled. I looked in the manual and it sounds like you can turn it off. But it should default back on when you turn off the car and restart it again. Its something that needs addressed. It's something expected when you buy a used car. Somethings will need attention.

As far as my presence on the forum, I tend to devote myself to whatever hobby I'm into at the moment. For a while it was shooting and reloading, then my home theater. And now that I have something that isn't an electrical nightmare I'm back to car audio. Hopefully I can run power wire and do the big three tomorrow before it starts raining.

I'm excited to try out the active stage I planned, but since I saw you have 8's in the doors I'm tempted to change things up.

oh my to what?

i have to be honest.. i have not perfected 8s in the door.. i pretty much got them to fit and called it a day.. im a big man i was talking to Jaycee about this todauy in PM i think... im 6'3 and 450~ish pounds.. so i sit fat man leaned,... and my 8's are faced door to door.. if i sit up on the steering wheel the mid base sounds great.. but back where i am not too much.

if somone who has been in my car and can be honest... its not the best.. but im scared to hack up my doors and try to put them on axis #1 because im cheap.. and if i mess them up ill be mad i have to buy new door panels. and 2 because to me.. its fine.. maybe i should had a nother pair in teh back doors cause that pretty much where i sit. .. but my front stage keeps up pretty well for 148.9 and just 2 8's and two tweeters on the front stage.

i try to make my cars an over all experience..not only bass but a clear front stage..... i can see your the same way....

very nice for me.. i like to bounce ideas. and to me. 2 heads is better then one. hell yeah :D