hondakilla98

03 Lincoln Town Car Daily Driver Build

nice ride bro

nice ride bro

Thanks.

It's 70 and sunny today, so I'm making a little more progress.

Here's the door with the Velcro in place to hold the mlv.

20120408_160532.jpg

The Velcro on the mlv, ccf glued to the mlv and cut out for the Velcro.

20120408_160523.jpg

The mlv and ccf installed ready for the door panel.

20120408_154534.jpg

I took the adaptor off to paint it before I put everything back together. I also traced the outline of the mlv on another piece of mlv for the other door. While I'm waiting for the paint to dry, I'm going to work on running speaker wire through the door boot.

what do you plan on doing to keep he sub box inplace ? have you thought about doing sub and port faced into the back seat?

the battery on the driver side hump, and a smaller false floor for the amps would be sweet?

be sure to give us your opinion on before/after noise difference.

so are the subs gonna be sealed off in the trunk ?? why are they facing back in the trunk with the port ?? shouldnt that be facing forwards towards the cabin lol

Here it is with the adaptor painted and wire run through the boot into the car.

20120408_181419.jpg

Tweeters I'll be using, mounted in some mdf rings. This will be the temporary location for these until I do pillars. They aren't wired yet.

20120408_192935.jpg

20120408_193026.jpg

so are the subs gonna be sealed off in the trunk ?? why are they facing back in the trunk with the port ?? shouldnt that be facing forwards towards the cabin lol

I will be removing the factory 6x9's, carpet and the factory sub is already out. There is about 6" above the box of free space, so it's not really any different than any other trunk install with the subs and ports firing rearward. The box will be symetrical, so I can always try it out firing forward.

what do you plan on doing to keep he sub box inplace ? have you thought about doing sub and port faced into the back seat? the battery on the driver side hump, and a smaller false floor for the amps would be sweet?

I'm not sure yet. I'll probably make some brackets to tie into the rear seat bracing and the rear deck to hold the box since I can't secure it on the bottom. My girl wants a false floor to stash a go bag, and to make it easier for her short ass to reach the bottom of the trunk. So I can't go too shallow with it. I need to take some measurments and see what my options are. But right now I just want to get everything playing.

be sure to give us your opinion on before/after noise difference.

I'm not expecting a big difference in noise reduction. The car is already super quiet. And I won't be able to compare the sound of the mids, since they were replaced at the same time. But if I notice a difference I'll let you know.

I will be removing the factory 6x9's, carpet and the factory sub is already out. There is about 6" above the box of free space, so it's not really any different than any other trunk install with the subs and ports firing rearward. The box will be symetrical, so I can always try it out firing forward.

sounds good, i was just wondering lol :D

tuned in :popcorn:

i really enjay watching your craftsmanship

looking good, looks like a fun build adhd.gif

whats that mlv and ccf stuff? see ive got sound dampener installed like yours but none of that stuff that is covering the whole door, whats it for? i think i saw it on jon's thread too.

ninja.gif

whats that mlv and ccf stuff? see ive got sound dampener installed like yours but none of that stuff that is covering the whole door, whats it for? i think i saw it on jon's thread too.

ninja.gif

mine was luxury liner pro.. from second skin.

ninja.gif

Mlv is mass loaded vinyl, a noise barrier. CCF Is a decoupler, to stop vibration from the panel behind the mlv from resonating through. Check out http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/ for more info.

Edited by hondakilla98

I'm almost done with the passenger side door. Same as the driver side. Here's some pics.

20120409_150726.jpg

20120409_150738.jpg

20120409_150749.jpg

20120409_164017.jpg

I'm working on the mlv and ccf now.

Nice work so far man, looking forward to seeing you build the box.

Im afraid if you use the area above the gas tank for the enclosure, then It will block a lot of bass from being able to come back into the cabin since it'd have to go thru the box or over the top to enter the cabin. Just a theory so take for what its worth.

Nice work so far man, looking forward to seeing you build the box.

Im afraid if you use the area above the gas tank for the enclosure, then It will block a lot of bass from being able to come back into the cabin since it'd have to go thru the box or over the top to enter the cabin. Just a theory so take for what its worth.

Well, someone needs to be the test mule, it might as well be me. I'm curious how it'll compare with my 2 sa10's down in the trunk well. I'm probably 2 months away from having the 8's installed. I have 2 sa8 motors and some 0/1 wire showing up from my friend Steve Mead tomorrow. Then I can put in the second battery, do the big three and wire up my four channel. I'm stoked to hear the front stage.

I finished up the passenger door today.

20120409_175414.jpg

I had 20 feet of 1/0 wire and two sa8 motors show up. Here are the 8's.

20120411_173721.jpg

I got most of the power and ground wiring done for the second battery and 4 channel today. Tomorrow I'm hoping to have the second battery, 4 channel amp, RCA's for the mids and highs ran, highs temp installed, and mids and highs wired up to the amp(maybe even up and running).

Nice subs.

Yea im glad someone is willing to try it, I hope it works out good for you. Im anxious to hear thoughts on it.

Well it stopped raining for a while, so I went out with my flashlight and finished hooking the second battery, power wires, ground wires, and fuses for both amps up. I started the car and I have 13.84v at the starting battery, and 13.76v at the amps in the trunk. I'm slowly getting closer to having a fully functional install.

Congrats man! Get some pics and videos up once you are done.

Looking good. Keep the pics coming!

I pulled out all the seats today, ran wire for the mids and highs down the driver's side, wire for my volt meter down the middle, and RCA's down the passenger side. I'm taking a rain break, which hopefully won't be too long. I just need to run a remote wire and I can start putting the interior back together.

i feel for ya.. good progress popcorn2.gif

Haha, fuckin Oregon rain. Don't really miss that. We have to take sunburn breaks down here

We have to take sunburn breaks down here

Hell yeah, thank god I have a garage.

The doors look great!