Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

Volt meter help needed!

I really have all green lights in my truck and i think having a volt meter on the dash or center console or whatever would be pretty cool. Everyone seems to have stinger volt meters.. They dont come in green that i have seen so i have seen some "slim volt meters" or something like that... Do they work good? And how do you actuly attach them? Any comments will be productive. Btw... Ik its only like 6 bucks but i dont have a credit card so would be a hastle to get it especially if it isnt worth it. Thanks for any commenct

I've got two different kind on order. I'll let you know how they are. I too have green interior lights :)

Alright man thank you. Why do you have two on order tho? And do you know how you would mount them?

He could have two. One for the front batt and one for the amp to account for wire resistance. That's what I'm running.

I just ordered two also...kinda want to keep track of my amp volts and also for my battery since im running other electronics...

So what wires would i connect the volt meter to? Like the power input on the amp? Im kinda clue less... I def could hook it up but what do i hook it up to? Lmao ik noob question.. But i think i want it to moniter how much the amp is taking? Lol... Not positive...

So what wires would i connect the volt meter to? Like the power input on the amp? Im kinda clue less... I def could hook it up but what do i hook it up to? Lmao ik noob question.. But i think i want it to moniter how much the amp is taking? Lol... Not positive...

my stinger volt meter has 3 wires... 1 for ground... 1 for ignition switch (so it turns on when the key is in "on" position) and 1 wire for where you want to see the voltage... the power input on the amp is a good spot like you were asking.

It varies on the type of meter, but usually you have a positive and a negative (ground) that you want to put on the circuit's voltage you're wanting, and usually another positive, the first one to a 12v constant that is always hot (amps positive input), and the second positive or the trigger will go to what ever you want the meter to be on simultaneously with (your amps remote wire will work).

Ok I ordered two diff kinds lol, sorry. On is small, which I will replace my dash clock with. The other(the one you are inquiring about) will be the primary off the amp. It showed up today. No instructions or anything, they have to be looked up online. This has 5 wires iirc, but this also does 'amps' and volts. Not sure how if w/o a clamp. I'll do a quick wire up tomorrow if I have time, but I doubt I will since I'll hopefully be balls deep in some VC vag for my bday :)

the quality seems 'ok' can't expect much from 17 bucks though.

So could i hook my ignition switch from the meter to my remote wire for my amp? And the ground to a ground... Then the wire for the power read to the input of my amp? Would that be the best place to see how much power its actuly getting? Or where on the amp? Thanks im just still a little confused... Wait... The remote wire wouldnt work would it for the ignition wire... So how do i find my ignition wire? Ik i had to connect y head unit to it but i dont want to take the dash all apart if i dnt have to.. Help me!

So could i hook my ignition switch from the meter to my remote wire for my amp? And the ground to a ground... Then the wire for the power read to the input of my amp? Would that be the best place to see how much power its actuly getting? Or where on the amp? Thanks im just still a little confused... Wait... The remote wire wouldnt work would it for the ignition wire... So how do i find my ignition wire? Ik i had to connect y head unit to it but i dont want to take the dash all apart if i dnt have to.. Help me!

I would hook it to your sub amp. To see what the volts are at the amp.smile.png