swagger_wagon468

Questions about the wall in the Wagon...

I dont have the room to stack the 15"s on top of one-another.

My max dimensions after the false floor, in order to be able to fit the box in the car are...

29.5"high

38"wide

32" deep

I was planning on doing double 3/4" mdf everywhere except the top. Then some dowel rods for more support. Think all that is needed? Or could i just do single 3/4" mdf with dowels? It is only 1200w...

Pics in a few

Both ports measure out to be 12.5" x 5.5"

I dont design ports.

So im not sure if they will work for what i want. But i really would like removable ports. One at 32hz... and the other for competitions. (Not sure yet as to what that one would need to be tuned to...)

I was also thinking of doing some aero ports and have them come out of the sides of the box into a 90° towards the front if the car and put some beauty panels around them. And opinions are appreciated.

2012-04-09_14-46-45_73.jpg

Obvioulsly the wall will not be facing the rear like this. Lol. Jist did that to show how little room there is.

2012-04-09_14-45-56_421.jpg

2012-04-09_14-46-03_372.jpg

This is a rough draft. (Top view)

2012-04-09_15-24-03_31.jpg

Edited by swagger_wagon468

wow that is a tight fit! LOL I will see what I can come up with for port size.

I wouldn't do that. You'll run into some weird ass loading issues. How about switching to a bandpass style enclosure?

Ports look like 20" long. If you go with single thick walls, accounting for bracing and subs. 30 Hz tuning.

I would use plywood and heavy bracing over two layer walls.

I dont have the room to stack the 15"s on top of one-another.

My max dimensions after the false floor, in order to be able to fit the box in the car are...

29.5"high

38"wide

32" deep

I was planning on doing double 3/4" mdf everywhere except the top. Then some dowel rods for more support. Think all that is needed? Or could i just do single 3/4" mdf with dowels? It is only 1200w...

Pics in a few

You're not going to build the box in the car???

I wouldn't do that. You'll run into some weird ass loading issues. How about switching to a bandpass style enclosure?

Bandpass like bigger boxes with this sub. Can you tell me more about what loading issues you would have?

Even at 1500 watts 2x 11"x4.5" by 13.7" ports (tuning to 30 hz) you shouldn't have any noise or compression issues. Smaller sized ports would allow making a flange, making it easier to support changeable ports. I used the box volume of 15cf. I don't really trust the modeling software with this size of box - so I highly suggest making a removable port system. I did look at higher tuning, but unless your SW peaks at 50 hz it doesn't look like it will help much.

I know its a tight fit... the ports on the baffle i drew up... would be MAX 5.5"x12.5". (X2)

I would like to build the wall in the car actually. Let me remove some more trim pieces and see if thar would make it possible. ( the only reason i cant right now is because i wouldnt have room for the still to put it together. Lol.

I have roughly 14 cubes after wall displace memt with double walls. Look at the pic with the rough sletch. Those are my max deminsoons as for being able to put it in the car.

Ill take measurements tomorrow.

Jon, I'd def look at taking all the panels off all together in the rear section...(even if you break some of them on accident)... This way you can get a tighter fit AND you can seal properly and deaden the vehicle better.... Just my opinion.. I stripped my trunk but the problem I still have is the fucking tension rods for the trunk lid which I am trying to address...

Well i was looking today... and it seems to me that if i take out the plastic paneling around the strut mounts, it wont be much more room. I will post pics tomorrow and start tearing it downnnnn.

:)

Okay, it may not be alot of space but just the possibility for deadening and sealing makes sense.. You tear down the panels and use lets say aluminum for now against the panels and then seal with expanding foam or whatever... Right? That is if you are sealing it like a true wall..

I don't know whether you've made that decision yet, but would they fit subs facing up? port forward or back?

I do plan on sealing it with expanding foam. Not enough room for port facing back.

I would really like to know how my ports will be going in... hopefully aeros will work.