splxtreme

Audiomobile Specs!!!

I finally got some info on the new drivers. Very excited to try one out. I miss my old 2012. Thought I would share what I got from them :)

Audiomobile.png

Interesting to see something from them, but still not a whole lot of info there.

Though I find it interesting they have a 13" & 16" drivers, and based on the Sd those aren't typos.

From what I've seen & from the info there, appears atleast the upper level drivers are TC sources.....which means they are probably going to be TC prices. Which for the upper level drivers is not going to be cheap. The Neo Radial designs from TC are $1k+ per driver.

Interesting.

Interesting to see something from them, but still not a whole lot of info there.

Though I find it interesting they have a 13" & 16" drivers, and based on the Sd those aren't typos.

From what I've seen & from the info there, appears atleast the upper level drivers are TC sources.....which means they are probably going to be TC prices. Which for the upper level drivers is not going to be cheap. The Neo Radial designs from TC are $1k+ per driver.

I just had a talk with someone "high up in the industry" a couple nights ago. Apparently, what is left of TC is all built in China now. Such a shame.

I just had a talk with someone "high up in the industry" a couple nights ago. Apparently, what is left of TC is all built in China now. Such a shame.

Do you remember that picture from a few years back at TC Sounds? It was the one with a couple of huge pallets on racks that were wrapped up with labels saying "Back To China! "

I hope the prices aren't crazy, but I'm sure they will be. I believe I heard no direct internet sales, so dealer pricing :(

The specs came from their brochure they sent me. I'll add the link shortly.

The music power looks really good, I assume the 3db crest factor is a typo however as it should be 6

If the price isn't to bad I'm going to pick one up. I know I got the 2012 for 299 back in the day, so hopefully I can pick one up close to that.

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately they are still asking Made in the USA prices for them. I've not messed with any of them to know if quality has dropped off.

I gotta say though, some of the Audiomobile drivers do look interesting. The Stealth series looks pretty cool, underhung shallow mount. Mass SL is another underhung design. The Mass HD has good Xmax as do the Status drivers (but being the NRT design, I'm going to guess they are going to be $1k+ range for price similar to the TC NRT motors)