EPerez

subs not playing right, sound hollow

It's pioneer. Can i get that connector at walmart?

yes you can...

the pioneers have a PICO fues that blows if the head unit and RCA wires are not grounded well.. its a commen issue it will cause alternator wine,. in a HUGE way,..

IF the pico is your issue.. you will need to send the radio off for repair .. then be sure to run this mod....

http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/644177.html

Okk ill try that out, thanks.

yes you can...

the pioneers have a PICO fues that blows if the head unit and RCA wires are not grounded well.. its a commen issue it will cause alternator wine,. in a HUGE way,..

IF the pico is your issue.. you will need to send the radio off for repair .. then be sure to run this mod....

http://www.ecoustics...dio/644177.html

^^ This exactly!

That's the biggest fault with Pioneer's HUs is that damn pico fuse. Disconnecting and reconnecting the RCA's while the system is playing, not having the HU well grounded, connecting/disconnecting power and ground on an amp while the RCA's are connected are all the most common ways to pop that damn fuse. It causes problems exactly like the ones you're having. Jon's right, follow those steps and I'm sure the noise will go away and the subs will sound right again.

I cant get to the ecoustics link thay bigjon put up.

I cant get to the ecoustics link thay bigjon put up. The subs worked fine with the rcas thru my phone so its not the rcas. If its my head unit should i send it to pioneer or would i be able to fix it?

look online for a local electronics repair shop..

Should I ground my amp and my second batt in diff areas or is that not the problem.

i ground my rear batteries to my frame... and i ground my amp to my rear battery

I called pioneer and they said it probably has something to do wit the pre amp outputs.

I called pioneer and they said it probably has something to do wit the pre amp outputs.

That would be the RCA connections on the back that we're referring to. They use a pico fuse to protect that circuit and when something happens and it blows that little fuse the noise and other problems are the result. Did they say anything about being able to repair it? How old is it? I mean, if it's 5 yrs old and you only paid $100 for it in the first place (for example) it's probably not worth the time, trouble and money to send it off for repair.

That would be the RCA connections on the back that we're referring to. They use a pico fuse to protect that circuit and when something happens and it blows that little fuse the noise and other problems are the result. Did they say anything about being able to repair it? How old is it? I mean, if it's 5 yrs old and you only paid $100 for it in the first place (for example) it's probably not worth the time, trouble and money to send it off for repair.

It's only 3 months old and I'm sending it to a pioneer service center to be fixed under warranty.

Edited by tbPerez