MECHMAN does 200 at idle and DC POWER 190 at idle ??????

Yeah, don't pay too much emphasis on that spec. It's a best case scenario and hardly real world, hot, every day driving. Close, yes, but again, it's under ideal conditions.

Get DC if you want to wait about a year to get your alt. tongue.png

singer has a 400a ALT 225 at idle ?????????

not really understanding the question since I gave you the product sheet and pricing for it..... ask around and you will find out...... also I can get you a 275 amp with lifetime warranty on labor for 500 shipped to ur door with fast build time and great customer service.

Take it to PM. While your at it, send me a PM too.

who runs there stereo at idle>?

So true.  Get a Mechman, they've proven themselves.

Yeah mine must not be proving much then.Voltage is all over the place. To try to solve that issue I got the adjustable voltage harness. It cut the fluctuations in half. Now it only bounces back and forth +/- .7v I've switched belt sizes 3 times and now have it almost too tight & it has no effect whatsoever in my situation. Checked every point of connection and cable at least 10 times to no avail. Meter reading off the alt. post is source of issue. Finally the harness is so loose or has a short, that I have to loop it and zip tie it to the case or it shorts out on bumps and makes the truck run rough & battery light flickers on the dash. Still beat the hell out of the Irragi that cooked in less than 12 months. Plus the customer service is freaking awesome there. Never had an issue getting a hold of them and shipping was 10 out of 10.

I can say I've had no issues with my mechman alt. I've had mine installed for 6months without a problem. No belt changes, no adjusting, put it in, 7 minute install all done. Their customer service was great. I was told 2 weeks from order due to out of stock part, it arrived 4 days after I ordered it. I would reccomend mechman based off my personal experience, enough so I'm ordering a second one this week for my vehicle.

who runs there stereo at idle>?

The vids you post walking around showing flex was your car not at idle? Or are you running a high idle controller? Just curious.

i run a VERY hi tech idle control........ a quarter and a dime as a spacer on my throttle return back plate :P

i used to run at idle during my vids.. but years of experiance has showed me that putting a huge strain on an alternator at idle id a killer... and just in heat alone your running a risk of burning your grease up on your bearings... its best to idle it up.

I hardly demo at idle unless it's cold outside. If its 70 or higher at idle for 10 min or so, my voltage drops to a steady 13.9. If I rev up to 1500, it creeps back up to 14.1/14.2 because it cools the alt better.

Demoing at idle is bad with just about any charging system and battery combo. The alternator uses it's fans to shed the heat generated as a product of power production and needs to be at speed to cool properly.

I can't say i had a bad experience with DC i got my alt in less than a week and its worked flawless for over a year now. It maintains steady voltage under load at 12.8-13.2 and supports 6k+ with a less than optimal 180ah of battery bank. Once this one pops or i need more ill be honest in saying singer or mechman provide far better options and pricing.