Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SAZ-1500D v.3 Prototype In

Got it in today. I will be doing some testing over the next few days -- here is a comparison to the 1500D v.2 model -- the new v.3 is longer to fit all of the new parts and the fan but is narrower.

The newer 2500D v.2 and 3500D v.2 will actually shrink in width AND length compared to the old units for reference.

CIMG6195.JPG

CIMG6196.JPG

CIMG6197.JPG

CIMG6199.JPG

CIMG6200.JPG

CIMG6201.JPG

CIMG6202.JPG

* The fan blows through the board to expel air out the sides of the amp. Will do a heck of a job in terms of cooling :thumbsup:

CIMG6203.JPG

Little bit of testing in Derrick's Explorer -- using my Extech power clamp meter (which always reads low vs. separate meters method) :

26 Hz

46.6v

43.7A

2036 Watts

1.06 ohm

27Hz

48.2v

40.4a

1974 watts

1.19 ohms

The super low frequency is a bit different than normal testing as well -- I'll get it in one of my other setups and do testing in the more typical range (more similar to my "official" amp clamp thread) when I get a moment but Derrick was up so we threw it in his Explorer! We kept it down below any point of audible distortion for testing.

Time does not permit details testing and dialing in today... just a quick test and we are very pleased thusfar.

Watching my power clamp we saw 1500-1600 watt continuously on music as well. So far I haven't had to fan turn on in any of my testing nor has the case been even lukewarm to the touch.

Also some 16v testing will be done as time permits. We usually squeeze a bit more out of our units between prototype and production as well.

CIMG6204.JPG

* With big brother NS-1

CIMG6205.JPG

CIMG6206.JPG

* Derricks low tuned box featuring some OA-12s

CIMG6207.JPG

* XS Power batteries on tap

Edited by sundownz

Looks great! Board is sexy!!!

Can't wait to try out some OA subs myself.

Looks nice and I cant to see the 3500d v.2. What is Derrick setup tuned at?

Is the fan a multi-stage or variable speed type depending on temperature?

Curious about fan noise as im certain without a doubt i could have it full song out here in the dead of summer

Under rate the amps ay further and you might as well starting using single digit ratings......

Sign in to follow this