Sign in to follow this  
Makana

Precision Power amps any good?

I believe they got really good reviews on Pasmag.

I believe they got really good reviews on Pasmag.

I believe it was the S series and P series that got reviewed. I'd go with the sedona amplifier.

Someone told me i would be better off getting a hifonics brz1200 instead of the Precision Power sedona, any thoughts or recommendations? The hifonics is cheaper but that doesnt always mean better..

Sedona is their entry level.

Black ice is their mid level.

Power class is their high end.

Phantom is their mini.

I do know the black ice is based off the soundstream Rubicon.

I had a Sedona s2000.1d and loved it. It was a monster of an amp with great woofer control and drove anything I put on it. Very hard. They don't care for .5 ohm but other than that for the price I will buy one again. Got a 149.7 db outlaw on 4 american bass TNT 12's on the music off the radio. Thats were I found out they dont like .5 ohm.

Right on, thanks for the info guys! Do you guys think I would be better of getting one of the two amps i mentioned or should I go with the Hifonics?

PPI's newest line of amps seem to be proving themselves of PPI from the old days when you knew they made good amps, the fact that they have sold out of the P900.4 4channel amps says something.

If you get anything from the new black ice and phantom lines you'll do quite well with them.