DaVibe

2 10" SSA Icon's - Use Pre-Designed Enclosure Or ???

2 10" SSA Icon's I want ported, firing back in a trunk setup.

Newer model Chevrolet Impala, so I have a lot of room to play with (in terms of the 18 3/8's width given, I can go more).

Should I stick with the pre-designed enclosure numbers or do something different, because I have the space?

1k to each subwoofer. Hip-Hop & R&B - All the lows smile.png

I'm getting someone to build the box so I only have 1 shot at this, so to say.

Thanks guys.

I would say its safe to use it sure, as long as your sure it can perform properly in your trunk.

I was debating between sealing off and firing inside the cabin (seats drop down) to clean up the wiring mess I'm going to have but then I thought the "easier" solution would be get the box built, throw it in.

I'm still on the fence because both are not that far apart from one another in terms of $$$

Money is not the issue, it's whether I'm going to get the over-the-top bass I'm looking for by firing in, I don't know.

WHICH brought me back to using the pre-designed enclosure, since they probably know what's best ...

Edited by DaVibe

I would suggest staying pretty close to the suggest range of enclosure sizing and tuning. :)

Okay sounds good. I just didn't know if that was "Optimal" to be Optimal but it's EVEN BETTER if I can provide more space ...

But, I'll stick to what's given :D

Okay sounds good. I just didn't know if that was "Optimal" to be Optimal but it's EVEN BETTER if I can provide more space ...

But, I'll stick to what's given biggrin.png

For the most part, the optimal boxes will be a little more efficient and have a slightly flatter response.