Sign in to follow this  
Moofs

Can't decide on components

Im looking for a set of components for my Nissan maxima. I have an alpine two channel that does 100rms at 4 ohms. Budget is 120.

I'm looking for more SQ/""SQL"". Something with decent midbass and not harsh tweeters.

These will be paired with a Dcon 12 sub. I listen to mostly rock and indie but some rap also.

Right now I'm tied between image dynamics CTX or the Incriminator audio I series.

If you have heard either please post.

Which would you choose. Can you think of other options as well?

There is very little info on both and from the little info there is it was all good. I can't decide.

I have never heard the I series comps but the CTX's are impressive.

My personal opinion on the IA comps,they are amazing for a budget set! The tweeter was a little bright on axis on head unit power. But it evened out when hooked them to an amp. I had 125rms per side. Crossed at 120hz they would get loud but lack on mid bass. Crossed at 80hz was full sounding but didn't lick the full 125rms

thanks guys! Right now I'm leaning towards the CTX's but keep the reviews coming since I have very little info on the IA's.

For the price the IA's are an excellent performer imo. I bought a set for my cousin during the last Black N Blue sale and he has them powered off a Sundown SAX-125.2 and they are a solid sounding set. I have not heard the CTX's

I feel I'll be happy with either choice but since they will come out to be roughly the same price I want to make sure I make the right pick.

The tweeters will be going into the factory tweeter locations on the windshield pillars so they will be slightly off axis.

With what I know about Image Dynamics on a business level, I would recommend the IA components.

what would that be?