I inserted my DD-1 disc into the KDC-X494 in my boat to set levels, and the CD won't eject. I press the eject button but it acts like I'm not pressing anything. Doesn't display eject or make any attempt to when I press it. It just ignores my pushing of the button. I tried pressing the reset button under the face, but no help.

Any ideas? Is is a common Kenwood issue? How do I get my disc back!? :(

Its an issue with cd players after, brand doesnt play to much of a factor with this. Try resetting the radio, after getting cd out blow some compressed air inside. Could be a mechanical issue or electrical issue with head unit. Open up your headunit and pull the cd out, probably the only way to do it without damaging it.

How long have you had this unit, maybe time for a new one?

Edited by jay-cee

It is a 2010 model. Doesn't get a lot of use, only in the summers. I rarely have played any CD's in it at all. Anytime I switch to the CD source, it plays that DD-1 disc fine.. Reset does nothing... Not happy! lol

It's trying to tell you something about that DD-1.

+1

my DD-1

There is your first problem.

It sounds like it's possibly an issue either with the button itself or a connection somewhere if there is absolutely no response from the HU when pressing the button.

If the CD player has a detachable face, I would start simple & pull the face off & clean the contacts to make sure it's not just a bad connection.

That's some scary spam, it even hit the like button!