Sign in to follow this  
smashedz28

Need guidance

I have a friend at work who has an older caprice..he had 8 10's crammed in the trunk when I met him.. I told him what I thought.. Not enough room for that many speakers. So he re builds with 6 10's. All kicker subs. He always comes to work bumpin and it sounds like shit IMO..

Long story short he heard my 18" btl in my Tahoe off a saz1500 and he realized he's doing something wrong and now wants advice.

I would like to see if he could fit 2 BL 15's in there and he's willing to buy em but I had him give me measurements before anything.. This is what he gave me.

W 46

L 32

H 14

He says the 14" is where the trunk latches and if he builds it taller closer to the seats that will work.

What's he have here guys? I'm horrible with box calculations. Is 2 15'' bl's a feasible choice?

He owns 2 of the newer fosgate t1500bd's for power and he has a few batteries and a power bastards alt ( if that's any good?)

Just over 9 cubes... what does a 15" BL require for volume???

Website says 3 - 5 cu ft. You guys think 2 15" bl's ported will work in there?

I think you have the cubic feet. Where you start running into size limitations is the height. Due to the outer diameter of the 15'' and the dimensions provided, the subs will have to be mounted on the top of the box. You're interior height will be 12.5 for a single baffle or 11.75 if you use a double baffle. That coupled with the 8.25" mounting depth of the 15" BL is the only place I see trouble brewing.

other than that, I think you have enough room.

What I mean is that the clearance from the bottom of the woofer to the bottom of the box is where I see potential issue. It might be just fine. But concerning the dimensions, that's the only area I see possibility for trouble.

Yea. He has more than 14" thats at the trunk latch whic on his particular car it's the smallest spot. I was thinking a wedge style.

But.. He has changed his mind once again..

Guess he got a good deal on 4 12" kicker cvx's. Local shop is gonna build him a box and do it for him. He told me if he isn't happy with it he will go with the bl's.. Oh well I think it's gonna sound a lot better if the box is done right this time.. Sorry for wasting anyone's time. Just thought he wasn't in such a hurry lol. Thanks to all who responded

Honestly I would go with a pair or even a trio of 12" subs! Height will not be a factor and you will not have to worry about squeezing in a box for 2 15".