Sign in to follow this  
Briggiboy33

where would i be able to get the cheapest 150amp alt?

I currently have a stock alt thats 70amps... but im putting in a 1300rms amp and a 70rms 2channel... i was wondering if i could get a cheap alt so i wouldnt have to worry about my voltage. I have all stock electrical, and stock battery no big 3... big 3 is going to happen very soon. But after that id like to upgrade alt... how much would this cost me for a 06 tundra. V8 4.7L

i know you aren't installing a "lot" of power but cheap alts have cheap effects.

I wouldn't want to be running 8 awg powerground wire to a 1500w amp because it "works".

Looking at DC Power, they have an alt for $390 that does 130A at idle, 180a max

https://www.dcpowerinc.com/fit/2006~Toyota~Tundra~4.7L-V8-2UZ-FE/13994-180-hp.html

Mechman only offers 1 for $600.

You also have Ohio Gen, Excessive Amperage, Mike Singer, Knukonceptz, Mean Green, Db Electric

Some of those i'd never run even for free but there you go.

I would have thought that there would be a bigger alternator in a V8 Toyota. I would do some research for other trim levels and see if Toyota made a high output version, because snagging one from the junkyard would be the cheapest.

I would have thought that there would be a bigger alternator in a V8 Toyota. I would do some research for other trim levels and see if Toyota made a high output version, because snagging one from the junkyard would be the cheapest.

Same thing that I was thinking.

Yeah the junk yard seems the way to go... lol just takes research... idk im not really at this point yet but just wanted an idea.. but there is no way id pay 600 for an alternator thats not very big... lol

God.. now autozone has Facebook likes on it..

I must be out of the times with all this social networking..

Yea, that's the best choice right there with Autozone.

God.. now autozone has Facebook likes on it..

I must be out of the times with all this social networking..

Yea, that's the best choice right there with Autozone.

I would definitly reconsider about going the cheap route. Especially if you may want to upgrade ot the future. Don't buy from alternatorparts dot com. Idle voltage is sub par and the guy has horrible customer service. I had to threaten the BBB just get him to respond to me. So make sure you research what you are getting.

What is the "core"?

this movie that came out a few years ago about getting the earth to start rotating again.

See, the earth stopped rotating around it's core and massive natural disasters started happening.

So they built this device using an element called "unobtanium" to dive into the core and set off explosions precisely to get the Earth rotating again.

That is what Autozone needs, 1 copy on DVD or Bluray for $17.99.