Sign in to follow this  
AXEHAMMER

Diamond d9 and Xcon 12

Hey everyone,

Had some diamond d612's when i got out of the game. It looks as if diamond audio has fallen off the map unfortunatly, so i am having trouble finding a set of new d9's. Everyone has recommend the ssa xcon which looks to be a great sub. The reason for posting is i like for them to get loud and my wife likes for them to be accurate. Is it safe to assume the xcon can do this? I bring up diamond just because i know from experience they will do both and do them well. Any ideas or comments? They will be 2 12s running in trunk of buick regal powered by an rf-t1500bdcp per sub.

The Xcon's will surely be accurate in the proper enclosure with proper amplifier settings. Out put should be no worry with a pair of Xcon 12's.

I have used xcons and they have never disapointed me. One of the best sq/spl drivers made in the USA.

Thanks guys, any general idea what numbers i could hit with those subs on those amps (1800rms per sub roughly)? And would you guys say the xcon is at least on par with diamond as far as sound quality?

I have used the XCON from SSA. I recommend you check out Sundown Z series. It will satisfy your wife's needs for an accurate subwoofer and get stupid loud. The Sundown Z is designed for an "SQL" setup and it will definitely suit your needs.

Thanks guys, any general idea what numbers i could hit with those subs on those amps (1800rms per sub roughly)? And would you guys say the xcon is at least on par with diamond as far as sound quality?

Sound quality is subjective for the most part, but the Xcon can sound excellent with out question in the correct enclosure. It is impossible to predict termlab numbers with out testing or having a nearly identical set up in the same car.

I have used the XCON from SSA. I recommend you check out Sundown Z series. It will satisfy your wife's needs for an accurate subwoofer and get stupid loud. The Sundown Z is designed for an "SQL" setup and it will definitely suit your needs.

You have a problem with SSA or what ? The topic is about the Xcon, not about another sub.

Tell us what you dislike, or what you like about this particular sub : the Xcon.

OP, you can't be disappointed with 2 Xcons. You'll love them, like everyone I gave a listening session on mine.

It will satisfy your wife's needs

ohmy.pngpeepwall.gif Ok so much for the fun.

Op you wont be disoppointed with the Xcon, of course they are other dirvers you can choose, but I thik it's irrelevant to your question.

Thanks everyone, I know the sundown subs are amazing, everyone brags on them. But from the threads and reviews ive read it SEEMS like the xcon is a close match up to the diamonds acuracy and loudness. I know Jacob and them provide amazing merchandise and great customer support, but ill have to say i have seen Aaron chime in and give great unbiased advice to people, and actually compliment other sub companies. So when my hp12's are done or im tired of them SSA will definatly be getting my money! :)

Thanks everyone, I know the sundown subs are amazing, everyone brags on them. But from the threads and reviews ive read it SEEMS like the xcon is a close match up to the diamonds acuracy and loudness. I know Jacob and them provide amazing merchandise and great customer support, but ill have to say i have seen Aaron chime in and give great unbiased advice to people, and actually compliment other sub companies. So when my hp12's are done or im tired of them SSA will definatly be getting my money! smile.png

Kinda nice when one owner can promote other lines and help promote sales based on ones needs.

I look foward to your future build reguardless what you may use. smile.png

Edited by nem

Thanks nem, due to my wife's insistance i ordered the last diamond hp12's i could find. Dont get me wrong i love diamond they were great at one time, my only thing is there are so many awesome small companies out there (SSA, Sundown, Fi) that have such great service and product, i was ready to try something new. That being said, I enjoy the "wetness" more than any stereo lol, so diamond it was....if you get what im saying here. Hopefully down the road i can support SSA and their awesome subs.

Thanks nem, due to my wife's insistance i ordered the last diamond hp12's i could find. Dont get me wrong i love diamond they were great at one time, my only thing is there are so many awesome small companies out there (SSA, Sundown, Fi) that have such great service and product, i was ready to try something new. That being said, I enjoy the "wetness" more than any stereo lol, so diamond it was....if you get what im saying here. Hopefully down the road i can support SSA and their awesome subs.

There is nothing wrong with that, but some pictures of your build would be sweet! :)

I can do pictures when its in. Im ashamed to say this but working 6 days a week and 4 kids, I dont have time to build my own boxes ehh.gif so I am having to have this diamond box built for me. I will say being out of the game so long, this has been a very interesting and even more expensive learning lesson. Time its said and done i am going to end up with 2 sets of components, 2 sets of 6x9's, 5 yes 5 subwoofers (long expensive story) three amps and probably barely be as loud as i want to be huh2.gif

I can do pictures when its in. Im ashamed to say this but working 6 days a week and 4 kids, I dont have time to build my own boxes ehh.gif so I am having to have this diamond box built for me. I will say being out of the game so long, this has been a very interesting and even more expensive learning lesson. Time its said and done i am going to end up with 2 sets of components, 2 sets of 6x9's, 5 yes 5 subwoofers (long expensive story) three amps and probably barely be as loud as i want to be huh2.gif

Nothing wrong with having a box built as long as it is the proper box for the sub and you are happy with it. You have come to the right place to get help and tell us how the journey is going. :)

I don't blame you. I am the same way.

Happy wife, happy life as they say. And well honestly SOMETIMES it works like that :)~

"Nothing wrong with having a box built as long as it is the proper box for the sub and you are happy with it. You have come to the right place to get help and tell us how the journey is going"

The box i have was pulled directly from diamonds website, granted it was printed in 2005 lol but it WORKS with their subs, Im going to link the box design and maybe you guys would chime in on your thoughts on the box? It seems small to me, but allows me to throw alot more rms power to them buttlick.gif

http://www.diamondaudio.com/PDF/current/WiringEnclosures/Dual12VentedEnclosure.pdf

Happy wife sometimes leads to very unhappy self. ;) Anyway, as for the enclosure linked, hard to speak on it as I have not used those sub woofers to know their preferences.