mastap154

Adire Audio Kodas

I would like to hear peoples opinons on the Adire Audio Kodas 6.5 2 way component speakers. How would you describe the sound from them and how do they compare against other brands such as Focal and CDT ect.

well--I tested a set a few months for Dan Wiggins---the install was the hardest part---they are deep about 3inches or so----they have good weight to them---and I hooked up a Phoenix Gold M100 to them(125 to each speaker)---great off axis responce--and a ton of midbass---for the price you can't get a better sounding set of comps----as for the comparision to the others---yes they "look better" but I will tell you I have Alpine SPX 177a's and I wish I would have bought the Kodas.

Dave

They are my favorite set to date. Great for off axis installs. Unfortunately their size leads to installation difficulties.

For my listening tastes the tweeter is suberb, laid back with plenty of detail. Midbass is quite impressive, although the surround and installation has caused plenty of people (novice and otherwise alike) difficulties. I used to make 12awg trim rings to remedy the problem, which they seem to have done.

is off axis door installation or kick panels?

and how much do they cost and do they come in 5.25"?

the midbass are 160 a pair. The component set is 360 I believe. I just have the midbass nd have had probs trying to get some more midbass out of em but my electrical system is half-dead, so that may be a reason.

is off axis door installation or kick panels?

and how much do they cost and do they come in 5.25"?

They were made for off axis response. You should get no performance increase by mounting them in kick panels (this is a conversation Dan and I had before, and this is what he told me).