pocket5s

Hello from Oklahoma

Hello all. Joining in from the Tulsa area. Vehicle is a 1987 Chevy truck with an in-work system consisting of Hybrid Audio speakers and Tru amplifiers.

Just getting started competing this year, but I'm the SQ game. However I'm toying with the idea of doing a blow through setup later this year, so we'll see where that takes me.

Other than the audio, the truck has an aluminum headed 383 that I built last year. HP is ~500. Also got the trans rebuilt and the rear end is scheduled to be rebuilt in July. After that, I'll be taking it to the track for some fun on occasion. I'm also hoping to get into Hot Rod magazine's Drag Week this year which begins and ends in Tulsa.

Welcome to SSA

Sounds like an Awesome truck / audio setup ...

What USACI SQ class are you entering ??

Welcome...nice to see more people from OK showing up.

Welcome to SSA. Post up some photo's of your truck if you want.

Welcome

Welcome to SSA

Sounds like an Awesome truck / audio setup ...

What USACI SQ class are you entering ??

SuperMod Q. Although I'm kind of forced into it due to my dash. I started working on a custom dash before I got talked into doing audio competitions. I experimented with some 2 seat stuff, but this vehicle is just not built for it, too wide and too close to the dash. So, I'll finish out the season in usaci, then switch to MECA next year where I can do 1-seat. Maybe toy with the idea of moving up to XTreme SQ+ for 2013, as that is my only 1-seat option, but there are few people there and the ones that are are the top dogs. I don't know if IASCA is even around here as you can't find anything online. Their calendar on their website is next to worthless.

Welcome...nice to see more people from OK showing up.

Thanks and I'll be at your show this weekend. I'm the one that asked about a tent yesterday :)

Welcome to SSA. Post up some photo's of your truck if you want.

thanks (and to everyone else). I'll get a build log started when I get some time. I've been spending most of my evenings in the garage changing stuff. The interior looks like hell, but it'll have some music for this weekend's show in OKC.

Most of this year for me is going to be learning, learning and more learning with the idea of hitting 2013 pretty good and shooting for a placing at some finals.

Welcome to SSA from the big ol' town of Seminole.