MikeMartel

Does Size Matter? (Technical Question)

Alright, so on my quest to get louder out of my trunk, I'm trying to really understand enclosure designs, and how different enclosure sizes effect response, output and other factors. Now I know the general basics, larger enclosures will be more efficient, smaller enclosures less efficient. But I guess I'm looking for some more in-depth information.

There are entire books written on the subject of enclosure design. If you are wanting that detailed of an answer, I would suggest purchasing one of those books as no single post is going to be comprehensive enough to cover all of the necessary aspects without, well, turning into a book.

Trying narrowing down your question to something more specific, unless I'm reading too much into your question.

Or download WinISD or something equivalent and spend an afternoon modeling different enclosures and comparing differences.

Alright. I might even pick up a book like you suggested.. Do you have any titles in mind?

Loudspeaker Design Cookbook by Vance Dickson

If you are looking for more detail on ported enclosures, Bullock on boxes by Robert Bullock. A little more in-depth, but goes in to much greater detail on ported box behavior than Loudspeaker Design Cookbook... In fact, it is pretty much vented only...

Alright. I might even pick up a book like you suggested.. Do you have any titles in mind?

They can be mind-numbingly boring at times, but if you want to learn it's the best way to go about it.

95Honda mentioned a couple good sources.