has anyone got there zcon reconed by ssa? sent mine out over 3 weeks ago and just seeing how long it usually takes

shop has been backed up a lot.. may take some time.

what like over a month of them having it?

Yes, what Julian said. They are down on man power and had been short on parts, but parts are back in and they are working feverishly to catch up. :)

Recones are handled in the order they come in. Usually the buildhouse takes a single day to do all the recones and that's it. One day out of the week of producing tons and tons of subs a week. It can take awhile, that's why I usually stick to reconing my own subwoofers. It is well worth the wait if you could not do it yourself.

i want to learn how to recone at some point, just didnt no at the time and wanted my zcon back working, im going crazy not having my sub in lol

Just out of curiousity, how did you blow it? lol

Just out of curiousity, how did you blow it? lol

the voice coil didnt blow, the spider came apart from the voice coil for some reason, wasnt really over powering it or anything

Edited by frogcase2002

the box i had it in was a little small though, probley around 3 or 3.5 cubes, hopefully my new box im about done with will be alot better, 4.4 cubes turned to 32

Edited by frogcase2002

Sounds like over excursion to me, make sure you set your SSF 2-3 hertz below your actual tuning to keep from going below tuning.

Sounds like over excursion to me, make sure you set your SSF 2-3 hertz below your actual tuning to keep from going below tuning.

yea i think so to cause after it messed up i seen that my ssf was at probley around 15

oh wow. my box is 4.5@34hz and my ssf is at 27. what noises did hear win it happen.

oh wow. my box is 4.5@34hz and my ssf is at 27. what noises did hear win it happen.

the bass just stopped, i took it out and the spiderwas apart at the voice coil and the wires all frayed

Edited by frogcase2002

the bass just stopped, i took it out and the spiderwas apart at the voice coil and the wires all frayed

:omg:

:omg:

i know, it sucks

What kind of power?

What kind of power?

had it to an ap3000 , but way turned down

also if you wanted to know, high output alt. yellowtop up front bt80 in back, 2 runs of 0awg

What kind of power?

My next question was going to be about your electrical, so thanks for answering. How did you set your gain? My guess is it was probably your ssf setting but I'd hate for you to get a recone and blow it again. The ZCON is hard to destroy, so there was something set wrong for sure.

What kind of power?

My next question was going to be about your electrical, so thanks for answering. How did you set your gain? My guess is it was probably your ssf setting but I'd hate for you to get a recone and blow it again. The ZCON is hard to destroy, so there was something set wrong for sure.

thats what I'm trying to figure out. Because, trust me,when you bottom it out, its hard not to notice. BIG BOOM(pop more accurate) comes to mind when describing it.

Yeah just please fix your problem before you drop a new sub into your setup.

What kind of power?

i put the gain maybe a 3rd of the way up, yea im guessing it was the ssf and the small box i had it in

Yeah just please fix your problem before you drop a new sub into your setup.

yes forsure, really dont want to go with out agin lol, i love this sub, probley the best iv ever had

What kind of power?

thats what I'm trying to figure out. Because, trust me,when you bottom it out, its hard not to notice. BIG BOOM(pop more accurate) comes to mind when describing it.

yes i remember hearing it pop a few times within a week it messed up, was just thinking it was getting to much power, i didnt know to much about the ssf when i installed it

does reconing take as long as the subwoofer would take to build?