My last setup I had was 4 vvx 15s on a single sk1500 subs foward port up tuned to 35hz in my 2011 Chevy silverado extended cab. The box was 16 cubes gross and was above the window line.

(new box needs to be under window line if you wondering why I am shrinking the box)

Now that you have a little back ground info I now have a single cresendo bc3500 and I'm planing to rebuild I have 20h x 20d x 55l which is around 10.5cubes gross and want a daily ground pounder that can move some air.

I'm currently looking at the xcon 15s d1 my questions and concerns are will I lose a lot of output going from 4 15s to 2? I am over doubling power which should help. Also I will only have about 3.6 cubic feet per 15 which is that to small for a xcon 15? also any one who thinks they might have a better setup idea through it out and let me know!

I know this might not be the Right section but I plan on going with ssa products as I have heard good things and i have purchased the 3500 from them! Thanks for any help!

You most likely will not lose much output if any, however it is all install dependent. Also the gear you plan to switch to is a definite upgrade in quality and customer service.

You most likely will not lose much output if any, however it is all install dependent. Also the gear you plan to switch to is a definite upgrade in quality and customer service.

Do you think ill be able to gain output with this switch? How will those xcons like 3.6 cubes each at 32hz?

If that is after port and driver displacement, 3.6 cubes per is good. The Xcon's have big time motor force and displacement. ;)

I would suspect you will be if anything at bare minimum as loud, as long as install is correct. This is just me guessing.

Post it up!!!

Just an fyi, you asked about output. You will lose SPL, but gain output. The Skar's are terrible drivers if you plan on listening to music. The specifications and "design" plan for them yields results that make me puke. Of course with reduced frequency range comes efficiency so burping a single tone perhaps would be impressive. Of course it is really rare to find music that has only that note in the bass line (and if you do I'm sure it's shitty music) so the benefits of having a driver that can truly perform will yield you large improvements. That being said, if the Skar's were in the wrong box then you may even win across the board.

Xcons are fantastic drivers ! You'll love them. I had one in a 3.1 ft3 at 33 Hz and I loved it.

A friend of mine had 2 15" Xcons in 4ft3 each, at 30 Hz, on 4 Sundown saz 1000 : it was incredible in his small car ! You could barely breathe at full tilt !

Would 3.5k be to much for 2 icons?

Just because your amp can do 3500 doesn't mean it has to. 3500 is probably too much but if you set your gain to do ~2500 they would be fine.

You can ALWAYS turn it down, but you can never turn them up. Honestly, I think my Icon could take 2krms... But thats just me lol. It felt as if it was laughing at my aq1200. You take that route, I suggest being smart about it.

Just because your amp can do 3500 doesn't mean it has to. 3500 is probably too much but if you set your gain to do ~2500 they would be fine.

Kk thanks! At most what would u run to a pair or icons daily, clean power

No point in running more than 1250 each. You won't notice a difference in output between 1750 each vs 1250, so why risk having them fail?

No point in running more than 1250 each. You won't notice a difference in output between 1750 each vs 1250, so why risk having them fail?

Honestly I though more power would mean more output?

Honestly I though more power would mean more output?

It does, BUT you need a lot more power to have a noticeable increase in output.

So would 2 xcons on 3.5k be louder than 2 icons on 2.5k?

It's hard to say man.

So would 2 xcons on 3.5k be louder than 2 icons on 2.5k?

It's hard to say man.

Kk thanks for info I appreciate it!

No problem! For what it's worth I loved my XCON's and will most likely be running them again here shortly.