EPerez

4 15s! SA-15, OA 15 or other options?

So i was thinking of selling my 21 warden and goin with a new setup. I thought either 2 18s, 4 15s, or 6 12s but im thinkin 4 15s would be cheaper than the 12s and louder than the 2 18s. I have a 2003 trailblazer and i want to wall it at c pillar while keeping my back seats. I currently have a Crescendo bc2k wired to .5 ohm and i want 4 D4s so i can wire to 2 ohms when i get another bc2k. Id like to put 3k rms to all 4 when all set and done. The thing i need help with is deciding which subs would fit me best. I listen to rap/ hip hop mostly but also country and dance music too. I would want the tuning to be around 34hz. I have around $700 to play with but id go more if i absolutely have to. Ive been very interested in the sa15 and oa15 but what other would match up good with those subs? i can think of dc lvl3, ssa dcon(only becus the gcon is more expensive), fi ssd but what else? thanks everyone and if theres anything else i forgot to say please ask!

If your goals are to put 3krms to each sub, you WILL past your budget of 700$. I would invest into equipment that could properly handle 3krms daily.

i said 3k to all 4 subs. Thats y i want subs that are around 600 to 750 rms each because they will each be getting roughly 750rms.

Ah, ok, sorry for the misinterpintation.

What ever configuration you chose, I would go with SSA, because I like the way they taste :popcorn:

Dont worry about it, it happens lol i wanted to go with 4 gcons but theyre too far out of my budget. I dont mind getting them used but theyre fairly new so theyre not really selling used yet.

You can sell that warden and use that money to buy the gcons and still have money left over!

How? the gcons cost 229 each so thats a lil less than a 1000 and thats without shipping! i couldn't sell the warden for that much im thinkin i can get 750 out of it with the 2 boxes i have, if sold locally.

Ive been checkin out the skar vvx's and im really liking them! I love the concave look wink.png

May like the look, won't like the sound.

Personally I'd stretch the budget a little.

Ive been checkin out the skar vvx's and im really liking them! I love the concave look wink.png

:Doh:

i thought wardens went for a pretty penny by looking at the map pricing on their site. Maybe I'm wrong lol

May like the look, won't like the sound. Personally I'd stretch the budget a little.

How come i wouldn't like the sound? I want to stay at 700 maybe a little bit more but im thinking all this through right now, hopefully ill have more money later on when this actually happens.

:Doh: i thought wardens went for a pretty penny by looking at the map pricing on their site. Maybe I'm wrong lol

Well i bought it used for 600 shipped so idk. Maybe i can raise the price since its local and somebody will get hard seeing a 21 lol

Why selling the warden? Thoughts on it? Thoughts on using a 21" woofer on music?

Why selling the warden? Thoughts on it? Thoughts on using a 21" woofer on music?

I really like it! it has that wow factor haha but i would love to do 2 21 in my trailblazer but itd be way to hard to fit for me. Too me it sounds fine and plays country and rock pretty good too. I just want it to be louder but i am building a new box so im goin to see how that sounds and if not how i want it then ill do the 4 15s. Also Ive always wanted 4 15s tho.

This is what I would do. Sell the nendo 2k, get a 5500. Build new enclosure, and see how you like that. 31 is pretty low tuned and your current enclosure is rather large lol. Those two mixtures usually tends to play heavy on the lower notes. Try 34hz or so, see if that makes a difference. Unless you just like super low notes sure.

I wouldnt have enough money to buy the amp and more electrical upgrades lol id sell the warden and use the money from that to pay for the other subs. I am building the new box to 34-35hz tho. after that box im going to decide if i wanna keep the warden or switch to 4 15s.

I wouldnt have enough money to buy the amp and more electrical upgrades lol id sell the warden and use the money from that to pay for the other subs. I am building the new box to 34-35hz tho. after that box im going to decide if i wanna keep the warden or switch to 4 15s.

Well a used 5500 goes for around 800$, so if you sell that nendo 3k for about 300$, you would just need to fund the rest. Plus, my voltage is doing great with a stock 130a alt and one d3100 in the rear. Using one 5500 myself. Thats just my opinion. Which would save you from buying new subs, new box, deciding which subs to run, etc etc etc

Orrrrrrrrr, buy anothe bc2k?

I do plan on buying another bc2k but I jus like tryin new subs also! So its no big deal doin that to me at least. I guess how im going to go at this is to get new box then decide.

ohkay coo!!

Only reason why I'm suggesting to try to get this one louder, is because, you are going from a single top of the line woofer, to four bottom of the line woofers. See where I'm coming from? As suggested earlier, you would need to up your budget if you are looking for any noticeable gains.

Yea i totally get what your saying but you don't think any of those 4 15s woulnt have a noticeable gain?

Couldn't tell you sorry. Being each install is different. The Sundowns, the OAs, and the Skar brand's are under the same influence in my opinion, so the build quality of each driver should be about the same, same could go for the output. I would just have to say go for it and try it. And let us know.

Four 15's should be a good bit louder. Ditch the skars.

Yea i kno its pretty much impossible to tell because every setup is different but I think the way i was reading it made it seem like the switch wouldnt be that much more of gain. I think I'm gonna do my plan and see and if i do decide to switch ill let everyone know how it turns out! :)