Julian

Rockford Fosgate Pro Audio

I just wanted to give a little bit of a review on the new Rockford Fosgate pro audio. My doors are deadened with SDS and that's it, The speakers are installed off axis with the RF 8" mid and the RF Pro audio Tweeter up top. I am running them actively off of my Pioneer Premier DEH-880PRS, I am powering them with my Boss (zed built) Havoc-665 (100x4).

20120825_011013.jpg

The X-over points (roughly) for the mid is 50hz-5khz and Tweeter is around 5k and up.

I played several different Genera's from rap to rock and electronic/dubstep music.

I first started off by listening to Brown Eyes by Lady GaGa. The kick came through strongly with the piano coming in smoothly. The guitar made my back hairs stand up,

Her voice was bright, the harmonizing section came in very smoothly and rang out as if they were singing before me.

I proceeded to listen to Intolerance by Tool, The bass guitar came through VERY heavily (which is good!). The drums came through very well, the cymbals were bright and the snare had a very nice snap to it. The distorted guitar sound came through very well as it phased in and out.

I changed it up a little bit and put on Beautiful by Eminem, The intro section with the singer's voice came through brightly and rang well. The drum and snare came through very well! I was surprised that there was little fatigue and kept beating through. The guitar in the background rang out beautifully and this is quite possibly one of my favorite songs so far..

I put on Shopaholic (Funtcase Remix) by Wideboys & Sway (feat. McLean). The snare came through as usual, the wobble was low, loud and grimey (good). The bass drum and snare came through extremely well with little distortion.

I am extremely pleased with the Rockford Pro audio, the pricing is also pretty great. I noticed very little sound fatigue even after around hour + of high level listen which I was extremely impressed with. I would recommend everyone take a look at them.

Here are some Sexy pics!

20120821_121921.jpg

20120821_121926.jpg

20120821_122050.jpg

20120821_122631.jpg

20120821_122636.jpg

tl;dr

P.S. I want to see more pics of the xcons peepwall.gif

Gtfo.

I have to agree. I am running the Rockford 6.5's and FT1 tweeters but the mids keep up with the tweeters much more than I expected. I will be also adding two 8's to my doors as well and selling my PWX8's. Although the Rockford tweeters are pretty big the mids are shallow would fit doors without major modding.

Good review

I am looking to add some of these to my vehicle actually. Thanks for the review on them buddy.