miwasqo

Settings for a Pioneer HU EQ and sub Gains

Hey guys, I have a couple of questions in regard to properly setting the gains for my new SSA Xcon 18.

I have a Pioneer AVH P4300DVD head unit with a Rockford T1500.bdCP amplifier, and the Xcon in a custom 6.5 cubes ported box tuned to 33hz.

I am using a DMM to set the gains and have read that the amp gains are supposed to be set while all the HU EQ settings are flat (or on 0), the volume on 3/4 the max setting, and a 50hz test tone in the cd player.

I am not sure how right that is so I decided to ask.

My questions is what is the best way adjust the sub "bass boost" and "output level" settings on the HU?

Do I put them on my desired point before adjusting the sub amp gains or after?

Should I even use the above two HU settings at all?

Also, will I be feeding a clipped signal to the sub if I adjust these settings higher after setting the amp gains lower with the DMM during the install.

Thanks!

Bass boos - 0

Output level - 0

Don't use the DD-1, unless for checking the HU

I have the exact same unit as you. What I do is, set the HU to MAX volume listening, of course this can be adjusted as well if you have a amplifier for your mids/highs. We'll just assume your MAX listening volume is 37/40. Your unit goes to 40. While doing this, ensure your gains is set to 0, and your SSF is set to max. Then, adjust your gain accordingly, meaning, turn it up until you begin to hear/see any stress from the driver. Then you will begin to lower the SSF until again, you begin to see/hear any stress from the driver. Once you are at the point, back down just a hair from the settings and there you go.

Put them all "flat" or at 0 before setting the gain. Don't put them up after either.

I wouldn't personally recommend the use of a dmm either.

Sub output can be set to max (+6) on a lot of Pioneer h u. If not you will have to push the gain up up up on the amp.

No need to use DMM or DD1. But it can be fun to see what difference between your ears and those equipments !

Sub output can be set to max (+6) on a lot of Pioneer h u. If not you will have to push the gain up up up on the amp.

No need to use DMM or DD1. But it can be fun to see what difference between your ears and those equipments !

I know I don't need to turn my HU up on my 4300DVD unit. Mine is set to 0 while the gain is at little half way.

Same here, bass is on 0.