Don't go active.

It's not a good plan for you at your current knowledge level. I know it's the new fad, and in the right hands it has definite advantages. But, not everybody has the right hands, and you don't yet.

As I said before....work on maximizing your install first, work on increasing your knowledge in the mean time. Once you understand a proper installation and have gained some knowledge, then go active. There is FAR MORE to a quality sounding system than simply going active. A well installed passive setup will far exceed a poorly installed and poorly tuned active setup any day of the week.

Now is not the time to jump into an active setup for someone in your position.

Just to relay the point, I'm definitely no audio guru, but I have a decent understanding on the fundamentals, and it took me enough hours to equate to days to get my 2-way active setup to sound on-par with an average component set I had previously. From there I fiddled with the settings on a daily basis for a few months until it finally paid off.

Reading the Loudspeaker Cookbook would definitely put you in a better position to tackle the endeavour.

Reading the LSDC won't help, understanding it will. To get there requires some math as well. Not difficult math but FAR from trivial.