anand

Best mid range?

So I'm looking to buy a pair of 12 inch mid range speakers for my van. Any suggestions? I was looking at the Mtx rtx128 and the

O2 Oxygen OM12120.

There is no definite "best" mid range speaker. Or any other class of speaker either.

Yea I figured but what would you recommend? As in clarity etc.

I'm not going to be the best person to give recomendations, but what I will suggest is that you listen to as many different drivers as possible and figure out what you like and don't like about them. From there figure out what space you have available, how you plan to mount the speaker, what power you have available, direction of the driver in relation to the listener, and what kind of tuning features you have to work with. Post anything you can figure out to give a better understanding of what your install needs.

honestly, your alll over the place. you have a 12in CVR and an 8in hooked to thhe same amp and completelly wrong, now you want some 12in "midrange" speakers? IMO there is absolutelly no reason at all that i can think of for you to get some mids that large. waiste of money, waiste of time

You're new to the forum so I want to try and help you. If you ask a "what is best?" question, you will not get the answer. You need to be specific in what you want. What do you drive, what is your budget, what is skill level, what do you want your system to sound like, what equipment do you currently have? Please do a little searching on the forum, there are a few van builds here so you can make some comparisons, and read other posts and topics. Good luck to you.

Well I had a screwed up system and now I'm just starting all over. I had a kicker cvr12 2 ohm and rf 8" subwoofer together which was a complete waste of time so I took it out. I purchased a sundown e-12 D4. I have 2 selenium mid bass in the front doors. two precision power 6X9s in the back on the trunk two rockford 6.5 r165. I also have two soundstream sst-22 in the dash. The car is a 2004 nissan quest. Skill level is good. My budget is around $200 for the remaining two speakers.

Sorry if i'm annoying but i'm trying to get a hang of this. Everyone has to start somewhere..

If you want your system to sound much better you need to focus your front stage and your sub stage.

Front stage- most people go with either a good component set or an active set up with separate tweeters and mids, or separate tweeters, mids, and mid bass.

Sub stage- big 'ol sub with a quality amp in the back.

Having lots of speakers ie 6x9"s, coaxels, tweets, etc means lots of overlapping frequencies and it probably is loud, but not good.

Keep asking questions, it's good to see you respond with more information.

Why are you looking at individual mids? Do you have the necessary processing tools and knowledge to effectively run an active front stage?

I think component sets are more for you.

Oh okay. I will , the only coaxels I have are the two 6x9 and the rockfords. I am pairing the sundown with a hifonics hifi 1000.1d. The selenium and 6x9s are powered by a audiopipe ap1004. The pair of 12 or 10 inch mid-ranges that i am intending on buying will be powered by a hifonics zeus zrx1200.2. I was looking at ev 10 inch mids also..

Why are you looking at individual mids? Do you have the necessary processing tools and knowledge to effectively run an active front stage?

I think component sets are more for you.

I really want individual mids. If i put these mids in I will run a crossover (clarion)

If you want to spend the money and the time it takes to effectively run active then go for it. You'll spend hours and hours and hours trying to just get it to sound as good as a $50 component set.

But if you really want to run big ass individual mids, by all means go ahead and do it. But don't think it will take 10 hours and you'll be left with an epic sounding front stage.

I've always wanted to run large mids myself, but just for the intimidation factor.

The only people who should try to use 10" or 12" midbass are seriously advanced pros with lots of processing equipment. My advice is for you to buy a pair of good component 6 1/2" speakers, the SSA store sells them, for the front and power them with 2 of the audiopipe's 4 channels. Use 2 more channels to power a set of coaxles in the rear (whichever sounds "best" to you). Stick with the Sundown sub in a box recommended by the manufacturer powered by one of the hifonics amps and get rid of the rest. Based on your questions, you are too new in the hobby to make all those speakers sound good together.

Thank you all for the advice. I'll get the beyma 6 1/2" and add another one of the audiopipe amps. The box for the sundown is being built buy ssa.

10" and 12" drivers are NOT midranges.

All that I thought I needed to post until I read the rest of your thread. You SERIOUSLY need to start completely over. What you have will not at all work together.

10" and 12" drivers are NOT midranges.

All that I thought I needed to post until I read the rest of your thread. You SERIOUSLY need to start completely over. What you have will not at all work together.

yeah they are mid bass correct?

Crap, I left out the good.

More importantly your whole setup is a mess. Time for a step back to the drawing board.

Thank you all for the advice. I'll get the beyma 6 1/2" and add another one of the audiopipe amps.

Don't.

You're system is simply a mess and poorly designed. I understand this is because you lack the knowledge and experience, but that doesn't change the facts.

As was suggested, stop adding things to your system and instead take it out and start over. You'll achieve SIGNIFICANTLY better results this way instead of spending money on something else that will just make it even worse.