Budah93

Is this true?

I have my amp mounted to the back of my box. It's mounted so that the bottom of my amp is screwed to the back of the box. Is this bad? I was told by a guy yesterday that it can cause internal issues with the amp. Any input?

Not if you have a well build box, its totally fine. My box is the single most stable thing in my truck.

If your box flexes at all it can cause issues. I suggest doing this:

Go to lowes/HD and go to their nuts/bolts/washers section. They should have something for rubber stoppers. Get 2x 1" rubber stoppers. Then take a hand saw or something to cut it with and cut each one in half so you get a pair of 1/2" sections. Drill out screw holes in the rubber stoppers and install them underneath the amp feet. Tighten the screws just enough so that the rubber stopper begins to compress and squish outwards. Not only does it provide the amp with better cooling, it helps reduce a lot of the movement by acting like a cushion.

And what if you don't mount it to your enlcosure? Then you mount it to an amp rack that is mounted to the vehicle in which all vehicular vibrations are transmitted through it at well.

It really doesn't matter. You can mount it anywhere. There were some issues with some amps with tri-path chips and that's pretty much where all this originated. People have been mounting amps on enclosures since the beginning of car audio with zero issues. Some occasionally have issues, but it's pretty much impossible to state that a failure was due to vibration from a mounting point.

I have mounted hundreds of amps on hundreds of enclosures over the past 20 years and never had a single issue.

place ur forehead where u want to mount said amp. Play the music see if it is okay for ur head if so RUNN IT.

Im with Tire I have mounted them in the past and no issues

triple 3/4s or dont try it...

I've had multiple amps on my boxes and have never had an issue with them.

I always thought it was a bad idea because if someone wants to steal your stuff all they have to do is grab the box and go. Unless you have a huge box or it is properly secured to the floor.

I didn't think there was an issue because i've seen a lot of people do it before but just wanted to see what you guys had to say. Thanks

i have my sundown 3k mounted to the front of my box with 1 zcon 18 in it. BUT the face of my box is 2.25"s (3 pieces of birch) i have never had any problems with any amps when mounted to the box.... idk good luck man!