Sign in to follow this  
btmhwb

roe vid of rl-p!!

dang, what impedance are you running your setup? that sub must be seeing a good amount of power cuz mine never move like that (then again if i made both of them move that much it'd probably be unbearable lol)... how do you like your box? i always thought 2.5 ft^3 was too big no?

dang, what impedance are you running your setup?  that sub must be seeing a good amount of power cuz mine never move like that (then again if i made both of them move that much it'd probably be unbearable lol)...  how do you like your box?  i always thought 2.5 ft^3 was too big no?

The sub is at 2 ohms, 800 watts. The amp is a directed 1500d, and I know it puts out rated power. I also know that the sub is seeing 40 volts at full volume because that is what i set my gains at. On the box size, Mike said that because of the low tuning the box would work just fine. I am worried about over excursion though. I know the rl-p's x max is sick though. We will see what everyone else says about it. I gave a few people rides in my car and they all think I have two 12s. I cant wait until it is dynamatted. It should get louder and sound better. Peace..

the RL-p has a kick arse motor and can take some power, just be smart with the gain and it should hold up fine

sweet! Did you watch the vid denim? what did you think? Does it look like it is over exurting?

Looks okay to me, but you are overloading your camcorder mic.

Looks okay to me, but you are overloading your camcorder mic.

I've had mine moving way more than that, but who knows that camera wasn't all that great either I don't really know how it looked in person.

Try 15hz sine wave free air then you'll see 3" stroke.

And to denim and others who think gain will affect blowing a sub or how much power your amp puts out read this.

http://www.forceaudio.com/portal.php?artic...822b2b5ea94a90a

If the link doesn't work just go to forceaudio.com then scroll down the page and you'll see it.

Clipping doesn't ruin subs and gains don't increase your power.

later,

b

I cant see any graphs.

And im shure that every amp out there varies from these tests.

sweet. I am glad to hear that. I was worried because when i was recording the vid I was listening to the sub with the trunk open.I heard a bad noise when the sub hit the really loud note and I was like "chit" dont let this speaker be blown. I thought it was weird though how it only made the noise at certain notes, so i put my hand in the port hole and pushed against the inner port wall and the noise stopped. I knew the rl-p could handle it, it just scared me. I have come to the conclusion that i need to seal my box better, or even better yet, build a new one for this beast of a sub!!!! Also i think my wires are too long as well. Could them sitting one the bottom of the box cause that noise too?

sweet. I am glad to hear that. I was worried because when i was recording the vid I was listening to the sub with the trunk open.I heard a bad noise when the sub hit the really loud note and I was like "chit" dont let this speaker be blown. I thought it was weird though how it only made the noise at certain notes, so i put my hand in the port hole and pushed against the inner port wall and the noise stopped. I knew the rl-p could handle it, it just scared me. I have come to the conclusion that i need to seal my box better, or even better yet, build a new one for this beast of a sub!!!! Also i think my wires are too long as well. Could them sitting one the bottom of the box cause that noise too?

Just remember this, clunking noises, slapping sounds, harsh impact metal to metal noises are always bad for a sub. The fact your sub did this on a certian note is probably because of the tuning of the box (I don't remember what your box was like). when you play a note below the tuning of the box it's like the sub isn't in a box and it'll move a ton with little power. this is why high tunings are bad (aside from the fact that their boomy and sound bad).

Wires can make noises if they are moving around but typically they're never loud enough to hear over a sub and usually not loud enough to confuse for a sub bottoming out.

show a pic of your box and maybe I'd have some ideas. you can always wrap the wiire to make sure its not hitting anything.

honestly, i think you can get WAY more outa that sub.... it was barely movin ;)

sweet! Did you watch the vid denim? what did you think? Does it look like it is over exurting?

watched it, and you do have it moving but not out of control,

its moving much farther than mine, I baby mine :D