altoncustomtech

Sound customizing and response trimming on a budget

I suppose since your subs are your largest drivers they pull your stage down too?

Wasn't talking about the subwoofer drivers ... In any way

And I'm sure you know this, but thank you for your explanation ... Helps me out a lot.

Thank you

I suppose since your subs are your largest drivers they pull your stage down too?

Wasn't talking about the subwoofer drivers ... In any way

And I'm sure you know this, but thank you for your explanation ... Helps me out a lot.

Thank you

Actually I wasn't sure what you were referring to. You made the statement implying that because J ran big subs in his doors that his stage was going to be pulled down and if he had less cone area that wouldn't be the case. Still curious why you thought differently.

Just a quick little update here.

Work and my wife have had me running like there's no tomorrow so I've not had the free time to devote to properly checking everything out. I was able to take a few minutes and run signals through the whole setup as it sits right now and found the worst of the harshness centers around 3.3khz and starts and ends at 2.4khz and 4.2khz respectively. I've not had a chance to check each driver individually or play with phasing on this issue, but as soon as someone allows me to breath I'm jumping right on it.

As it is I went through and played with the EQ a bit more and was able to tame it down to very respectable levels. It's only bad on certain (and worst on badly recorded/compressed digital music) songs now. As it sits now the EQ is as follows:

BASS - 100Hz center, Q is 1.0 and level is -1

MID - 2khz center, Q is 1.0 and level is -3

HIGH - 12.5khz center and level is 0

Stefan, I'm also going to be trying the diffraction ring as well since I can knock that out very quickly. I'll see what, if any, kind of difference it makes.

Sometimes I really wish there were more hours in the day and weekends were longer. Between work and family finding time to finish the enclosure for the xcon and fix this issue has been a complete crap shoot.