Aaron Clinton

Lookie Lookie

50ohm at resonance isn't unusual at all.

ey ey. theres a review for yall:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/showth...26319#post26319

Got the prototype DIYMA 12" in 1 cu sealed box last night.

My set up:

(change the 9835 with 7996)

http://www.mobilesq.com/store/galle...em&g2_itemId=51

Gain at a5's rear was at 30% with 3 lotus 10s..

I cranked it up to 50%, giving less than 300 watts to this beast.

Let me tell you, this sub is gdamn massive and heavy!!

Test songs:

Alpine Canadian cd - Jennifer Warnes (track 3)

Ian Van Dahl - Ace - Will I

Jim Brickman - One and only

Numerous old school R & B songs from the 90s.

The sub has no signs of sloppiness at all, I noticed that this sub is buttery smooth. No bump on frequencies sub 60 hz at all. I had "super subs" that I tested in the past, from W7 to brahma.. W7 has exaggerated low end, which I never liked. DIYMA can go down real deep, not too exagerrated, which I prefer. It's got no problem with transient response just like my Lotus.

If you have this Ian Van Dahl - Will I? track at minute 59 sec - 80 sec, there is a very fast drum beat like a machine gun that will show you how good your sub control is. Numerous time I tested subs on this track and only a few passed (pleased me) this track. (a/d/s/ 310 PX ($1200 ea) excels in this track, but it's got very limited output).

DIYMA shows no or very little overhang, great job, "Sloppy" is definitely not the word for it.

Jim Brickman's One and Only also has very fast midbass - sub attack, again, this sub blends in very well with my midbass. Sometimes it seems to dissapear, which I thought I had it turned off.

Output on the sub is excellent, thanks for reminding me to redo my doors' deadening

I wish I have more power to test it, right now I am giving it at 300 watts, perhaps this week, I can toss it in my suv and get roughly 700 watts at 4 ohm bridged.

So far, npdang nailed it on the head, great sub. I would put it up there with W7 at fractional of the cost.

Cons: I think surround can be a little stiffer, soft surround worries me

Dual VC will be nice too.

I'd like to see a lil bump on the 45HZ region, like my lotus. This gives impression of a "fast" sub.

This sub reminds me of a "faster" Brahma without sounding "fat", and much more efficient (like idmax).

I think this sub will sell VERY well. I am glad I bought a couple and the Neo BG too. $$$ well spent.

he compares it to the dub7?

Oh but it is!

Oh, but it's not ;):P

Normal yes, what isn't normal is that the plot is shared right on the page that you order off of.

I really can't figure out why some of you guys, like Beat, are trying to find a reason not to like them...LOL. I've never known npdang to lie, exaggerate, cheat or falsify information about any product he's tested/reviewed in an effort to misrepresent anything. He is always straightforward, honest and extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I'd put more trust in him, his knowledge and his drive to put an above-excellent product into the market at affordable prices than I would many of the new pop-up "internet" companies like AA, MD, eD, etc.

If npdang likes it, and is willing to stamp his company name on it....you can bet it's a good product.

Everyone's a skeptic Brad. At least we don't have people instantly hopping on a bandwagon. It's either one extreme or another.

Give it some time. . . I'm SURE this driver will grow on people, ESPECIALLY considering the value!

Heck if you wanna wait, $220 is pretty cheap anyways. I've actually thought about moving my RLp into the truck and putting one of the dang's drivers IB in the M. At only 5+inches deep it would hardly be invasive like any other 12.

Maybe it's just me, but i'm really not all that impressed with it???

eh this is all i can find... no sd tho:

Specs:

Recommended sealed box size : 0.25 cft. to 1 cft.

0.5 cubic feet for a butterworth (.707 QTC) alignment

Maximum thermal powerhandling: 1000 watts continuous power

Single 4 ohm voice coil

QTS: .354

FS: 25hz

VAS: 41.7 L

RE: 3.6 Ohm

BL: 22

SPL: 84.3 dbwm

Le: 1.3mh

Xmax: 23mm 1 way linear Klippel verified

Xmech: 64mm peak to peak

Weight: 37 lbs

Cutout diameter: 28cm

Mounting depth: 16cm

Driver volume: .15 cft

no prob... was gonna find out, but i didnt feel like opening winisd :P :

489.9 cm^2 is what the ISD gives me

Where were the rest of the TS measurements? I wanted to know the Sd...

If you enlarge the impedance graph, Sd is listed down below in the "notes" section at the bottom............