Duran

Carbon Fiber Dustcaps

I received my caps yesterday. They look great.

I do have a question. Are they suppose to be glued to the cone at the base of the surround or are they suppose to be glued to the surround itself? As you mentioned they are slightly bowed. I measured 10 1//2" in diameter across and ninety degrees from that 10 3/4" across. Even that out to about 10 5/8" nominal on the cf cap. The base of the surround at the cone is 10 1/2". Little concerned I will take the stock cap off and these will not fit.

Also, ca glue or amazing goop?

I do have a question. Are they suppose to be glued to the cone at the base of the surround or are they suppose to be glued to the surround itself? As you mentioned they are slightly bowed. I measured 10 1//2" in diameter across and ninety degrees from that 10 3/4" across. Even that out to about 10 5/8" nominal on the cf cap. The base of the surround at the cone is 10 1/2". Little concerned I will take the stock cap off and these will not fit.

Amazing goop.

Every cap that goes out is test fitted to assure they will fit properly, both caps fit perfectly on the exact same cones and surrounds as your IB3's. They will mount to the surround itself in the small space where the surround is parallel to the cone.

I can get a pic of how my XCON cap was glued on if that will help you visualize it Eric.

I can get a pic of how my XCON cap was glued on if that will help you visualize it Eric.

That would be great. Thanks.

Amazing goop.

Every cap that goes out is test fitted to assure they will fit properly, both caps fit perfectly on the exact same cones and surrounds as your IB3's. They will mount to the surround itself in the small space where the surround is parallel to the cone.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I was thinking that the cap would mount to the cone but rather it is the surround. 

Should I put goop on the surround or the cap when I install it?

It's your call, I install it on the cap itself.

That would be great. Thanks.

I don't know what I did with the actual dust cap but this should give you an idea. You can see the residue on the surround from where it was glued. 

P2190271_zps3e3d956a.jpg

P2190272_zps8a4ee5d9.jpg

P2190273_zpsec59af4a.jpg

Great. Thanks guys. I will post pics when i have this done!

So far so good! I used almost an entire tube of goop.

The other sub is on the kitchen counter. Thanks again for offering these Duran.

EClarkPhoto-9726_zpsd38770ae.jpg

So far so good! I used almost an entire tube of goop.

The other sub is on the kitchen counter. Thanks again for offering these Duran.

EClarkPhoto-9726_zpsd38770ae.jpg

Moar Pics Edub!