Duran

Carbon Fiber Dustcaps

Fantastic things are on the way, here is a teaser:

2012-10-30_11-05-10_642.jpg

Can these overlay or do you have to remove the old caps? I can see myself screwing up my subs trying to put these on. lol

It depends on the stock dustcap, in most cases the stock dustcap must be removed prior to installation.

I see the smaller cap has a nice flare to help with installing/hiding glue. Will the larger ones have that option? If so I may need to have a conversation about large bulk ordering.

Any other colors? Red/Gray or Red/Black perhaps?

I see the smaller cap has a nice flare to help with installing/hiding glue. Will the larger ones have that option? If so I may need to have a conversation about large bulk ordering.

Any other colors? Red/Gray or Red/Black perhaps?

The flange on the convex(boob) cap? The concave(dish) caps will hide glue, if that's what you mean.

Any kind of material can be used, cost changes though.

I was referring to the convex cap. I'm not sure I want to do anything with the full/partial cone concave caps.

I was referring to the convex cap. I'm not sure I want to do anything with the full/partial cone concave caps.

I beleive S. DeYoung removed his and replaced them on his xcons.

Duran can you pm me a price for two of the concave (xcons style I think it is) for 15's in white cf. Wanna spruce up the xcs

Nice work Duran!

Duran can you pm me a price for two of the concave (xcons style I think it is) for 15's in white cf. Wanna spruce up the xcs

There are a few options when it comes to white, there is a white and black fiberglass/carbon hybrid cloth, the white is dyed fiberglass, the black is carbon, carbon fiber cannot be dyed, it runs $90/yard, there is also a pure white cloth made of a fiberglass variant that runs about $20/ yard. Either options are viable.

Okay, now I think it is time that I open this up; I currently have 4 10" and 1 12" caps made and ready for shipment. All sizes 10"-18" will be made as they are ordered. The prices are as follows:

10" - $35+ shipping

12" - $45+ shipping

15" - $65+ shipping

18" - $75+ shipping

The fabric used is 11.1 ounce 6K 5HS weave, it has a backing made of 181 aircraft grade fiberglass; two layers of carbon fiber would be much too heavy, these dustcaps are completely hand made, each one is unique and none are identical, their weight will be within a few grams of their plastic counterparts. Also, they must be weighted during bonding, carbon fiber with a slight curve like this has a tendency to bow slightly, once bonded they will be secure.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Good job making these. They look great.

Thank you edouble.

Okay, now I think it is time that I open this up; I currently have 4 10" and 1 12" caps made and ready for shipment. All sizes 10"-18" will be made as they are ordered. The prices are as follows:

10" - $35+ shipping

12" - $45+ shipping

15" - $65+ shipping

18" - $75+ shipping

The fabric used is 11.1 ounce 6K 5HS weave, it has a backing made of 181 aircraft grade fiberglass; two layers of carbon fiber would be much too heavy, these dustcaps are completely hand made, each one is unique and none are identical, their weight will be within a few grams of their plastic counterparts. Also, they must be weighted during bonding, carbon fiber with a slight curve like this has a tendency to bow slightly, once bonded they will be secure.

Please PM me if you are interested.

These are very interesting.

What is the diameter of these dish caps?

wondering if these will fit cones that have big surrounds.

Which ones are you interested in?

I have one with the cabon fiber dust cap and it is awsume

Sean068.jpg

Duran also made these:

3e9adb47.jpg

I have made plenty of transactions with Duran, all of them have been perfect, his products have exceeded my expectations every time.

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen.

12" but would also like to know the sizes of the 10 and 15 for future refrence.

12" but would also like to know the sizes of the 10 and 15 for future refrence.

The 10" measures 6 40/100", the 12" measures 8 30/100", the 15" measures 11 10/100" and the 18" measures 13 40/100".

Duran, I pm''d you for a monthly update on my order that I placed with you on November 17, 2012. I received no response.

It is approaching three months since I placed my order for two 15" concave dustcaps for IB315's. I think it is fair for you to issue me a full refund of $149.67 since you have not shipped the product that I ordered from you.

Duran, I pm''d you for a monthly update on my order that I placed with you on November 17, 2012. I received no response.

It is approaching three months since I placed my order for two 15" concave dustcaps for IB315's. I think it is fair for you to issue me a full refund of $149.67 since you have not shipped the product that I ordered from you.

I know there has been issues that are out of Durans hands. I am in the same boat, I have been waiting just as long if not longer and will continue to wait. I have other lines of communication with him and will let him know about this right away.

Eric, I apologize as I did not see your PM. Cones have arrived and your caps were successfully test fitted. They were on schedule to be shipped out to you today. If you would like to cancel this order please let me know.

Eric, I apologize as I did not see your PM. Cones have arrived and your caps were successfully test fitted. They were on schedule to be shipped out to you today. If you would like to cancel this order please let me know.

If they are shipping out to me I am happy with that!