Sign in to follow this  
jonbearsmt

computer issues once more,

ok so i bought a computer on ebay cheap.. and it has worked fine.. untill today,

then my Ethernet card is now not working.. i tried to uninstall it and then reinstall it,, and windows is telling me its finding it.. but that it has an issue......

so im trying to find out 2 things,....

its a dell optiplex 745 SFF ... it is NOT a tower.. its one of those smaller box deals

like this one

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&sa=N&tbo=d&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&biw=1024&bih=629&tbm=isch&tbnid=iJlA7bWoNyVL-M:&imgrefurl=http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Dell-Optiplex-745-Core-2-Duo-1.8GHz-80GB-SFF-Desktop-Refurbished/4831482/product.html&docid=mza5SU6FQN4tJM&imgurl=http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/43/658/MLB12722127.jpg&w=250&h=250&ei=flecULjTD-TVyAGCqIDACw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=889&sig=105210265450493815808&page=1&tbnh=147&tbnw=147&start=0&ndsp=17&ved=1t:429,r:14,s:0,i:117&tx=52&ty=66

question 1... can i replace the Ethernet card alone? or is it 1 piece and the mother board has to be

replaced?

question 2, my other computer.. the one i am on now.. used to go thru Enet cards like a mother fucker., when it was my primary PC.... is this a heat issue? a i use the internet too much issue? or voltage spike in the line?? what the hell why the hell do i keep going thru Enet cards?

I dunno why ur going thru them but most likely that one that's bad is built onto the mobo. Just get a cheapo USB enet adapter and call it a day.

The only common denominator in this story is your house.

Sounds like all computers in your house destroy ethernet cards.

Assuming that is true, I would contact your ISP and have them come out and do a line quality test in and outside of your house.

yes i think your right.. a new MB is like 22 bucks... i guess ill get one anyway because i have always had some feed back from the audio output anyhow and it was annoying... sucks.. wih i could FIX the issue for good.

I have a six year old laptop and the eternet card is the orginal.

Edited by pmureika

My brother at his old house used to have all kinds of problems with his computers. It turned out to be a power problem.

back in action, i went down spent 32 bucks on a USB adapter... and im going to order a new MB, sad part is.... i only paid 75 for the computer., o well.. its fast for what i do .