c0le99

Which is better ( Fi 15 inch bl or a Kicker l7 15 inch)

Which is better ( Fi 15 inch bl or a Kicker l7 15 inch)

Would like some opinions on which is more liked amongst everyone! Kind of stuck trying to pick 2 new Subwoofers out for the new system I'll be putting in my car.

Yes I know kicker isn't a very favored brand for a lot of people, but I have heard a lot of great things about kickers new 2 ohm 15 inch l7's. I still have a few friends who swear by Fi and SMD's Subwoofers so I thought I would see if I could get some added opinions.

Edited by c0le99

You're not going to get a big positive response with this question. We like to enjoy our music responsibly and don't condone the idiocy that makes our hobby despised by many. If you just want to be heard blocks away, buy any subwoofer you want and have at it.

you have to understand that your goal, being very important... gives car audio a bad name....

thanks!

I've already got 6 tweeters, 4 6.5's and 2 6x9 all JBL. Just sold my starter subs which I had in my car till I could afford and buy a new 280 amp high output alternator (DC powers) ultimately what I'm saying is my highs and are clear and professionally tuned to my pioneer 80prs deck by the employees at divine sounds while I was living in Florida. The only thing I was waiting for is upgrading my Subwoofers. My goal is to have a great sounding system that I put together myself as I'm just doing this as a hobby. If you have an opinion on what you would prefer i would love to hear it! Thanks.

Divine Sounds must not be too professional if they agreed to tune all that.

6 Tweeters? Even the loudest stereos in the world do not need that many tweeters.

I have over 20kw in my car and i do not need more than 1 pair.

You say it's all loud and clear and i have to assume you are correct but your 6x9s for example.. if you disconnect them, will you even hear the difference?

Is all this running off your stereo or an amp?

If stereo.. then you need to basically unhook EVERYTHING and go with 1 set of components that will give you not only your clear sound but better imaging.

You need to hear what you are missing because from here, you are missing a lot by having too much.

Edited by shizzzon

Very understandable, sorry for not clarifying this but I thought it would be something people could relate to In all honesty I thought I might get one or 2 replies. I'm currently living in Minnesota now near family again out in the country. I love listening to my music at a decent volume and love feeling the bass. So my goal did seem very childish! Sorry! I do not intend to annoy others at all. I have just been thinking it would be nice to get a nice pair of Subwoofers that would compliment my mids and highs nicely. I'm really trying to find a great brand of subwoofer for about 350$ and if you guys have any ideas on a 2500-3000w RMS amp for under 650$ i would love to hear any ideas though even though that question probably should be in a different thread

Hehe, you are REAL close to ///M5.. You should randomly drive in his neighborhood so he can involuntarily teach you the ways of the force. Hehe.

I never noticed it sounding bad at all or being to much I guess I could remove 2 of them as I just have them taped under the dash I really only ever intended to 4 1 inch tweeters 2 in the back and installed in the plastic close to the top corners of the front window. I suppose I could of went a bit overboard on some things. This was the first and only system I put together and installed in my own car, and I did not pay to have my head unit tuned the employee that I had gotten to know at divine just thought highly of the pioneer 80prs and knew what kind of music I mainly listened to so helped me set up 2 custom settings in the 24bit EQ one for rap and another for rock. I honestly love how it sounds and think highly of divine sounds for the guy going out of his way to help me with something I would of had a nearly impossible time doing without any charge.

to be honest your front stage sounds a wreck... but to each his own i guess... i run 7K to my subs, and i only have 2 tweeters and two 8 inch pros for my front stage and its boss....

but to each his own i guess.....

im glad to see your not all but hurt about the advice, and to awnser your question the BL is a better sub then the kicker, every day of the week no matter what.. .TO ME.

I've got 2 little tweeter amps that is matching RMS for those tweeters, a 600w jbl amp running my speakers just barely under the recommended power. I could imagine if I did not have this my system would sound terrible right now, all radio wire in the car I stripped and replaced with 8 gauge radio wire. I have my car all re-wired for my system. I tried to plan for everything I could before I started putting money into this little project I've been working on for about a half year now just as a little hobby when I'm not working. Still haven't heard any opinions on any 15 inch Subwoofers yet! Really interested in hearing some ideas from the many people here who quite obviously know more about sub woofers in this forum

Thanks! And in all honesty I love to hear the criticism its a learning experience for me and I'm definitely going to remove the 2 tweeters under the dash I have them wired to the same tweeter amp as the other front 2 the amp is suppose to only have 2 hooked up to it anyways so its probably not the best idea having 4 on it. I probably haven't noticed how the front tweeters should actually sound because what I have done 2 front tweeters might be better sounding, when I installed everything I just figured more sound from different areas might sound better! Lol I guess that was a beginners mistake I should have researched it a little more!

Wow very nice! I'm definitely never going to go that big my car haha I wish I had the space for that! Or a car that could fit more then 1 smaller sized alternator, DC powers had recommended that I try not to exceed 3500w RMS power draw with the alternator they sold me as it might cause its life to be substantially shorter than it should be. (Hopefully will outlast the warranty I paid for!) I never really understood the purpose of a capacitor but I have a 10 farad Rockford capacitor also installed cause I had a few people say it would be easier on my alternator which cost me almost 700$, definitely don't want that to go out sooner then it should and also heard people say it would improve the clarity of the Subwoofers! Which I always personally thought clarity was solely decided by the quality of amp and car wiring cables and the amps ground. Still a lot I would love to learn!

Edited by c0le99

more is not always better... thats the case with highs and lows... more subs is not always better either,

you need direction... have you ever heard a nice stereo?

im afraid you being from florida has giving you the impression that a good stereo has 400 super tweeters and 800 fucking pro drivers in the doors, and under the hood and in the head rest and on the tires, makes a good stereo...... its just not the case... thats DOPE BOY show off bullshit....

i know because i lived in fla for 11 year or so.

Sell that damn capacitor. It is nothing more than another load and the ESR of the big caps make them pointless for anything in the first place. As for your subs, you don't seem too concernced about anything other than getting loud and feeling the beat, so I really would just pick the the cheapest thing you can find that will fit your application, build a proper enclosure and be done with it.

Did you not purchase an XP alternator from DC?

Any alt other than the XP will probably have the suggestion of not exceeding certain power limits if you do not know what to look for or monitor.

In all honesty the only systems I've had the chance to hear were friends and friends of friends and everyone seemed to enjoy there own system. So its hard to answer that, I have never had the opportunity to listen to a professionally done custom system. Although the systems I have heard all sounded great to me! Still though all I've ever been able to compare it to is how much louder smoother sharper and the clarity my current system is compared to the stock speakers that were a joke that came with the car when I first bought it ages ago, I've always gone by what sounds good to me for example I love feeling and hearing the bass while listening to rap or some hip hop, while listening to rock or country I just like a very subtle/barely noticeable amount of bass from the subs and enjoy the clarity of the rest of my system

Yeah that's the alternator I have, the guy I talked to on the phone and had a conversation with said they normally produce a little higher than they claim on the site, mechman made a alternator for my car that was slightly higher but had a lot lower amp idle rate, along with what I read and heard from friends I just decided to go with DC, the employee I had talked too said it would handle slightly over 3500w RMS even though it was only rated for something close to 2900w RMS I can't remember the whole conversation but he had me completely sold on there alternators through the specs and advice he gave with the amazing customer support. Props to DC powers haha that's something I'll always recommend to anyone now based off the support I received!

If it is the XP alt then it doesnt matter how much you load on it.

IF you talked to Dave.. well, that's probably why he scared you.

Rob is rarely there, Kyle is cool, Stan is cool.

The XP alts have a safety feature from being overloaded unlike any other high output alternator out there.

You will have low voltage if you put 1,000,000 watts on it but the alternator will not just fail like any other normal one would.

I do not know if the SPX's have this feature but i do know the XP's have rectifier protection, dual rectification capacity(keep's it cooler) and they use only OE regulators which tend to work better in the long run.

If all I was trying to do is get a cheap loud system I would of kept stock speakers and went to best buy and bought 4 kicker comps and a 1000w hifonics amp and would not be here asking for quality advice as well as trying to learn more about car audio systems.

In all honesty I never even knew that! I was worried about ruining a new alternator after paying a bit for it! That's awesome to know though, I still don't think I would ever want more then a 3000w RMS subwoofer setup though in my car it would be just to much, thanks for the info though really helps relieve me a lot about ruining the alt though! Honestly I was worried 3500w would be to Much and kill it In the first half year like some other friends had done with other slightly cheaper alternators

If you were spending around 350-400$ per subwoofer each what kind would you get? Haha this thread got so far off topic! Didn't mean for that to happen.

i have a small car and i do big power builds. I have no choice but to run a single alt and it was a no brainer.. XP alt it had to be.

A 15" zcon with a crescendo bc2000d would work great together and wouldnt require a bunch of batteries

I learn so much about this hobby by reading about other members rides and new member questions. I've thrown everything that I thought I knew, which was wrong, away. Research is key.