c0le99

Which is better ( Fi 15 inch bl or a Kicker l7 15 inch)

If you were spending around 350-400$ per subwoofer each what kind would you get? Haha this thread got so far off topic! Didn't mean for that to happen.

That Zcon's specs sound pretty amazing do you think it's better then Fi's 15inch bl subwoofer?

^^ ill tell u right now, the zcon compaired to any woofer is going to be a close on... between the zcon and the bl, the zcon will SMASH it IMO. iv owned every size zcon in the past and they are by far my favorite alltime woofer (even over the fi btl 18) here is a video of my buddies single zcon 15 in 4cubes IRRC on a audiopipe 3k in a trunk...

Very nice! They really can bump that's for sure. Thanks for showing me! Got something new to look into now.

Edited by c0le99

I know I should start a new topic to ask this question but oh well. I was curious if it would be harmful to the subwoofer if I put a 15 inch and a 12 inch subwoofer in the same ported box? 15 inch subs would be best for rap and some hip hop but if I was listening to rock or country I like the sound of a 12 inch subwoofer over a 15. I have never heard of people trying to before in a ported box, I know a 15 inch has higher air displacement cause of the 15's greater surface area so this is probably a stupid question.

Could anyone recommend a nice quality amp that could push 2 15 inch Zcon Sub woofers? That crescendo amp someone mentioned earlier goes good with one of those subs but the next highest size is that 3850w which would be under powering the 2 subs by 325 RMS each? Would that make a significant difference with those Zcon subs if wired in parallel at 2 ohms?

You can't under power a sub. That amp would be perfect.

I've already got 6 tweeters, 4 6.5's and 2 6x9 all JBL. Just sold my starter subs which I had in my car till I could afford and buy a new 280 amp high output alternator (DC powers) ultimately what I'm saying is my highs and are clear and professionally tuned to my pioneer 80prs deck by the employees at divine sounds while I was living in Florida. The only thing I was waiting for is upgrading my Subwoofers. My goal is to have a great sounding system that I put together myself as I'm just doing this as a hobby. If you have an opinion on what you would prefer i would love to hear it! Thanks.

Wow, did you ever fail miserably on the bold. Obviously from FL :(

I know I should start a new topic to ask this question but oh well. I was curious if it would be harmful to the subwoofer if I put a 15 inch and a 12 inch subwoofer in the same ported box? 15 inch subs would be best for rap and some hip hop but if I was listening to rock or country I like the sound of a 12 inch subwoofer over a 15. I have never heard of people trying to before in a ported box, I know a 15 inch has higher air displacement cause of the 15's greater surface area so this is probably a stupid question.

NO. Can't mix drivers in the same car more or less the same box. Exactly why your front stage sucks donkey dick.

And if that was tuned "professionally" they now give that title to retards.

Would under powering it make a difference in bass at high volumes or the sound clarity at all? 650w RMS seems like it would make a difference in sound some what?

There is NO SUCH THING as underpowering.

Would under powering it make a difference in bass at high volumes or the sound clarity at all? 650w RMS seems like it would make a difference in sound some what?

Almost no difference at all, and definitely not one that you will be able to hear.

Do you have a recommendation on an amp you would get to power 2:15 inch Zcon's? With a price range of 400-750$?

You can't under power a sub. That amp would be perfect.

pretty sure he already said . . . ^^

Not sure if i missed it. But what car do you have? Two fifteen zcon in a trunk will be very hard to do and do right if even possible with the space in a trunk. Two twelves sealed off from the trunk? I dont know if thats an option for you.

Two 12's would be better in a Cavalier. The Crescendo amp is a great amp, I would also get another large battery for the rear.

Edited by swift

do lots and lots of reading.

You're going big with that system ! Too big for sure !

You can sell everything except the alt and start again.

1) 1 or 2 sets of mids in the front door and just one pair of tweeters. You will need a 4 channels amp, and a small 2 channels for the tweeters.

2) You want to go cheap on the amp ? Go with a Crescendo 3500 for example, or even a 2000.

3) On a single SSA Zcon 15" or on 2 SSA Xcon 12".

Can you fire them forward, sealed from the trunk ? That would be nice : no rattles in the trunk at all, it gives you room for amps and batteries in the back.

You need to read a lot more on this forum. Don't listen to ignorants !!! You are already in good hands here !!!

Can't go wrong with SSA, just look at all the guys from Florida on Team SSA setting records! Great company, (fyi SSA is OEM'd by Fi, both are awesome and run by great guys!). I like Fi BTL's personally, if you went with the ZCONs, I'd go with these guys below. Good luck with your build.

Skar 4500

Nendo 5500

2 15's in the cavs sedan trunk is possible I already am having my uncle help me strip and fully insulate the car along with my father is going to help me mod my trunk a bit so I can have the amps in my wheel well after I finish the insulation, which is a must. This really is just my hobby car, first car I owned and really only drive in the winter because I'm working/living back up in Mn full time now. I did remove the second set of front tweeters since it looked tacky and I heard some people saying it was overkill! So thanks :D really did help that little tweeter amp that came with them only was meant for 1 pair, it really improved the sound quality! Jl audio speakers wired to Jl's 4 Channel amp perfect RMS match main thing I was looking for was some good ideas ans opinions on some nice quality subs and amp you think would finish my long project.

Also wondering what you guys would recommended second skin DP, mdk murdermat or dynamat? Along with this last question I can think of; what would sound better 2:15 inch Zcon subs in a box about 4.5 cubic feet or 1:18 inch Zcon in a box that would match the recommended size?

both In a ported box, with 2 15's each with their own 2000d crescendo amp with the 18 also being hooked to just 1 2000d.

4 cubes before port and sub displacement is not enough air space....