codester

can I recone an RE sex 10 with gcon recone?

I picked up 2 re sex10 subs for super cheap and would like to know if its possible to recone them to SSA con recone kit? I'd like to try doing a recone but would rather not do a nice new sub. I know its probably dumb but is it possible? Both are 4 layer 3" VCS but I'm sure gap etc would come into play. Thanks

The GCON recone might not work, but Fi might be able to do something for you.

OK ya I'll try that! I'd like to try a rec one.

if you go to the fi website and go under recones section there with be "other recones" spelled backwards and pick the RE SX from there.

if you go to the fi website and go under recones section there with be "other recones" spelled backwards and pick the RE SX from there.

Why would he do that when he has an RE-SEX?

Best thing to do would be to get dimensions and get them to a company to make you a recone.

meant SEX.

They don't have a recone kit for the SEX's. He needs to take measurements, gap, basket, coil, etc to get a proper recone kit. That is assuming that they can do one with the new baskets.

You need dual one's? I might be able to hook you up if I had some measurements.

Just not worth it. Having an unknown frankenwoofer is fine if you know how to deal with it. Puting an arbitrary woofer in an arbitrary box is always a fail.

Just not worth it. Having an unknown frankenwoofer is fine if you know how to deal with it. Puting an arbitrary woofer in an arbitrary box is always a fail.

I've got SpeaD and can measure Kms in the working range. . I can get within a few percent of small signal T/S

I'm not looking for best performance here, Ill be putting them in my 93 300zx twin turbo in boxes ill be making to fit in the back hatch in the sides and still leave room for the t tops. Im getting the subs this weekend so i can take measurements then. Im not picky about what coil config as I wont be running much power and have a few amp options. Also just wanting to try reconing a sub.

So I got the subs today and was very impressed. They are in great shape. (Suspension is very soft though) Dk if it just has has soft spiders or they are just sacked out from use/abuse. Just have a question, these subs are previous generation re se 10" subs and I was wondering if they r pre being bought out or if they r the better older models.

Here's pics

post-24316-0-87685900-1353827244_thumb.j

I don't think there was an SE post buy out, so you may have gotten some awesome subs! Also Fi can recone them, but I'd play them as is.

I'm not positive though, so hopefully someone who is can chime in.

Ya I'm not sure but they r some beefy little tens. Got em for 100 bucks with the box.

Ya I'm not sure but they r some beefy little tens. Got em for 100 bucks with the box.

So either way you got a good deal. Nice find!