Sign in to follow this  
argenis69

Amplifier opinions

Hi, i will like to hear some experienced reviews, the good and bad, and/or opinions about the Crescendo BC3500d amp, ... Also, is this amp bridgeable to power 1 dual 2ohm sub, thanks

Edited by argenis69

Hi, i will like to hear some experienced reviews, the good and bad, and/or opinions about the Crescendo BC3500d amp, ... Also, is this amp bridgeable to power 1 dual 2ohm sub, thanks

You can't bridge that amp as it is a monoblock. You can wire the dual 2 ohm sub to 1 ohm.

I don't have the bc3500, but I have two bc2000s and they are amazing. I hear great things about all of the amps and I'm sure the 3500 is just as great as the bc2000.

Your running this amp to the SP4 15 right?

Its a great amp, nothing more to really say...... If it wasnt SSA would not carry the lineup! My BC series amp is a beast no doubt.

Yes, it to power only one fi sp4 dual 2 ohm, am I able to fully power it with that amp?

Yes, dual 2 ohm subwoofer will wire to 1 ohm.

That I understand, but isn't that amp 2 channels? Or it can be bridge to 1 sub?.I totally got lost with the post of tbperez

That amp is a monoblock. mono meaning one or single. So it has one channel. 2 or more channels can be bridged. Bridging means taking separate channels and making them form as one.

Go to 12volt.com and go to the wiring part and it shows you how to do it.

Just another mass marketed amp, does what its supposed to do.

Ok, I looks like we're not on the same page maybe... You know that when I the dual 2 ohm into a 1ohm load I am going to end up with only 2 wires, one positive one negative, and on the amp picture I see 4 outputs(2 positive and 2 negative), so that's where I'm asking my questions.

Put the neg wire in the outer neg terminal and pos in outer pos. Don't use middle ones. Get what I'm sayin now?

Yes, so that will make all full power go to 1 sub only, correct?

Isn't that action called bridge? Or what is it called?

Yes all the power that your amp will be able to make will go to the sub. Might not get the whole 3500+ unless your electrical is good.

Bridging is taking multiple channels and making them into one. I'm not sure what the middles are for though. I only used them when I strapped amps.

Ok, I looks like we're not on the same page maybe... You know that when I the dual 2 ohm into a 1ohm load I am going to end up with only 2 wires, one positive one negative, and on the amp picture I see 4 outputs(2 positive and 2 negative), so that's where I'm asking my questions.

It's still a mono amplifier. Those two sets of connections aren't individual channels; they are paralleled internally. It is simply to make it easier to connect multiple subwoofers to the amplifier. "Bridging" implies 2 individual channels. That's not what this amp has. It has two sets of connections, but not more than one channel. So you aren't bridging this amplifier.

Ok, great thanks for those explanations, another questions, which is a better amp a skar 4500 or the crescendo 3500?

Never used either but the owner of Skar is a jackass so the best way to spend money is to not spend it on his products.

I'm sure a lot of people will say crescendo because of skars owner. Are you trying to put the most power to the sub? If so you really wont hear an audible gain in output with 4500rms and 3500. I'd say stick with the crescendo. Its cheaper and plenty of power!

Ok, and what's up with crescendo's service, I've been trying to contact them through everything, and no answer, are there responsible when it comes to warranties and service?

They are only responsible for what they cover warranties for. Check out what that is on their website. However, I have never had a problem getting a hold of them. Navid has always called me back when I called him. He also answered all my emails within a day.

There was only problem with them. I blew one of my amps a while ago and I told Navid it was my fault and I would like a repair since it wasn't under warranty. He gave me all the info for returning it. I sent it to a place that repairs Crescendo amps. Long story short my amp was lost. Nobody knew where it was! UPS had signature from the amp repair place but he had no idea where it was. He was calling me daily letting me know the progress of the situation. Navid and him worked it out and sent me a BRAND NEW amp. Shit happens but at least they took care of me :)

The only thing I can say is make sure you have the right email and phone number.

I've tried everything posted on there website and no answer, i will like to be sure before i spend that money, what can I do?

Yes all the power that your amp will be able to make will go to the sub. Might not get the whole 3500+ unless your electrical is good.

Bridging is taking multiple channels and making them into one. I'm not sure what the middles are for though. I only used them when I strapped amps.

You wont get the whole 3500 watts period, every amp has an efficiency rating usually between 70-85% (plus or minus some) depending on the amp. You will be amazed at how many watts your sub will receive from the amp and how much is turned into heat.

Crescendo's phone: 941-257-4767 10am-6pm EST

Crescendo's email: sales@crescendoaudio.com

try those again and how come you want to get a hold of them?

Yes all the power that your amp will be able to make will go to the sub. Might not get the whole 3500+ unless your electrical is good. Bridging is taking multiple channels and making them into one. I'm not sure what the middles are for though. I only used them when I strapped amps.
You wont get the whole 3500 watts period, every amp has an efficiency rating usually between 70-85% (plus or minus some) depending on the amp. You will be amazed at how many watts your sub will receive from the amp and how much is turned into heat.

Hmm so it sends out X amount of watts and only a certain amount of that X amount will be received by the sub and the rest will just be heat?

Because I like to ask everything before purchasing. I will try again and if not,, you are saying that there 100% reliable?

Ohh gotcha. But yes they're a very reliable and a great company. I find it odd that you're having trouble gettin a hold of them. Try it again. They might just be super busy right now or something came up. I know a tried to get a hold of singer alts but he was out of town and got back to me as soon as he got back. could be the same or similar situation with Navid. If I wire you I wouldn't hesitate to order that amp!

Ok, I'm glad u got my point, and if I order now, while the orders have delay also?