Sign in to follow this  
trpkkd

2 xcons in an accord?

Would this be a good box for 2 xcon 12s running a crescendo bc 2000d I'm planning on running it at 2 ohms because I'm hoping to run stock alt with an extra batt. in the rear for now. I was hoping to run sub and port forward sealed from the trunk so my max height is 18 and width is 32 and that's real tight. If someone else has done this I would love to see pics for reference.

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii511/trpkkd/accordbox.png

Jroadtatts did an enclosure like that for his Accord. Though it was for a single 15" BTL the concept is exactly the same. There's a build log on the forum here.

Hey just to make your torres box calc a little more accurate, put in the subs' displacement (.17 x 2 = .34) and a double baffle too. Also, for the common port walls box, put 2 if the port is in the middle between the subs or 3 if the port is on the end of the box.

Are you sure you can fit 18 inches of height? Are you building it in the car?

alright thanks for the info. I'll have to remeasure but I'm pretty sure I can fit 18in in there. It will have to sit back from the seats a little bit. And if I have to build it in the car that's fine.

What year is your accord? I had a '97 but I think my max height was like 15" or 16" but I could be wrong its been a while since I had it.

I'll have to double check but with no rear speakers it looked like I had 18" .I'll check later when it gets a little lighter out.