Sign in to follow this  
djjdnap

Newtown: 27 dead, including 20 children

Im done with this i retracted what said ... i made my peace with those who matter ...im going to leave this alone again .... if you want to keep going about class i can get real classy ..,.....

Ever since Columbine we've been doing "lock down" or "code red" drills in case anything similar happens at my high school. The procedures are designed to minimize casualties, there isn't any real way to stop deranged psychos from entering a campus and shooting.

It is good to hear they are trying something practical SS. Having a plan is better than not. You cannot ever stop people attempting violence, but with planning we can mitigate or reduce the total effect. I think that is good. I have a lot of views about this, that honestly shouldn't play any part in how these events played out. The political and media rhetoric is designed and engineered at this juncture only to make a point and a profit. On either side of the fence. And NONE of it has anything to do with the healing process.

That said, when violence involves children, everything in life feels colder. It's hard to imagine any violence against a child, and I think the whole country felt this. No matter how we reacted, left or right, turning in or lashing out, as a country this event has impacted us strongly. As humans we need symbols to get behind so we can champion our beliefs sometimes......

For better or worse it is how we are. My hope is that we all find a way to heal from this as individuals and as a nation.