barnie

Dayton audio

It's PE's own line, that they relabel from other OEM's...IIRC.

Dayton is not a relabel. They are their own company producing their own equipment. Granted, they don't do ALL their drivers. . .

Yeah, majority of their drivers are designed by or in assistance with Darren K I do believe (same guy that does all of the PE-sponsored DIY projects). And yes, Dayton is PE's "house" brand and they do not have any webpage of their own. However, PE's customer service kicks ass....they'll go the extra mile to answer any questions you may have. They went and pulled a product out of inventory just to check the current draw for me when I asked what the current draw was for the co-ax to toslink convertor.

but they rape you on shipping...blah!!

otherwise i love em....PE AND dayton

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

They do rape you on shipping.

However, I live within 4hrs of PE...so I automatically get "free" overnight shipping since it only takes 1 day to arrive :woot::P : :D

cheers

thought as much but must be another name im thinking of :Doh: never mind

cheers for the help though :bigok:

My shipping has never been more than $10, and I order a lot of stuff from them when I do.

My shipping has never been more than $10, and I order a lot of stuff from them when I do.

yeah, but when shipping is $10 for $10 worth or stuff that doesn't weigh 5pds...comeon..lol..

but in the end it's worth it simply because they carry just about everything a person needs. not too mention ryan, your one state closer to them then me... :finger:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yeah, but when shipping is $10 for $10 worth or stuff that doesn't weigh 5pds...comeon..lol..

but in the end it's worth it simply because they carry just about everything a person needs. not too mention ryan, your one state closer to them then me... :finger:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Well, they do send everything in their own packaging, so they have to set that cost off somewhere. They also do a wonderful job with the packing. I think it's right in line with anyone else. And yes, just like Brad, I get free overnight shipping.

Just got some Dayton woofers/mids/tweets......just have to get some crossovers and make a box. Hopfully I get it to sound great. :)

I bought a bunch of those Dayton 7" aluminum cone mids from them and some Peerless tweets (they no longer carry) to do an HT setup in my dads house and they sound very nice. Granted I've only got one set of mids and tweets mounted sealed in the ceiling but I have another 7-8 of them left to do the towers and center channel. Packaging was great and they sound really smooth...amazing for about $15 per speaker.

My next 3 way setup with come from Partsexpress and be mostly Dayton speaker. Probably go with dome mids and tweets in kicks and a big healthy 8 for midbass in the factory location.

I bought a bunch of those Dayton 7" aluminum cone mids from them and some Peerless tweets (they no longer carry) to do an HT setup in my dads house and they sound very nice.  Granted I've only got one set of mids and tweets mounted sealed in the ceiling but I have another 7-8 of them left to do the towers and center channel.  Packaging was great and they sound really smooth...amazing for about $15 per speaker.

My next 3 way setup with come from Partsexpress and be mostly Dayton speaker.  Probably go with dome mids and tweets in kicks and a big healthy 8 for midbass in the factory location.

pix??

I'll get some ASAP. I was lucky enough to have time to build housings into the ceiling and hang my boxes up there so I can image them later. My wifes dad cellulosed the attic so there was no problem with insulation.

I am very tempted to do a little budget multi driver home theatre set up here soon.

I bought a bunch of those Dayton 7" aluminum cone mids from them and some Peerless tweets (they no longer carry) to do an HT setup in my dads house and they sound very nice.  Granted I've only got one set of mids and tweets mounted sealed in the ceiling but I have another 7-8 of them left to do the towers and center channel.  Packaging was great and they sound really smooth...amazing for about $15 per speaker.

My next 3 way setup with come from Partsexpress and be mostly Dayton speaker.  Probably go with dome mids and tweets in kicks and a big healthy 8 for midbass in the factory location.

a did a small system with the 7" alum dayton mids and hifi textile dome tweeters for my boy. they do indeed sound nice. i likes them...

tsunamitopperandstereopics0052.th.jpg

with an rl-i8 on sub duty. it sounds better then the jvc rack system we now have in the living room.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

All the Dayton drivers I've heard, I've been very impressed with...especially with how much they cost :)

I would need some help building a crossover when I do my DIYHT.

I used some pre mades from PE...I just looked at the graphs and picked the tweet to match the first rolloff of the mid then bought crossovers for that point. The tweet would go very low because it was oversized and stayed smooth way up in the range so they worked perfect together.

that might be the way for me to go this time around

Or use a design from HTGuide or similar.

I want to keep these speakers under $300 for the pair. For a three way set up with finished crossover, give me some preferences. I was considering Dayton, TangBand or Vifa. I could use my old MTX 10s for subs to save money. Was thinking single tweet, and 2 mids per tower, plus the sub.

For a WMTW:

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=15323

For just the MTM:

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php4?t=11321

Either option should work, the first will be over $300 but the MTM should be about that range. I assume that you already have the substage figured out....

Jon's crossovers are sometimes over the top, but better than doing some generic thing on your own for the first time. I am thinking about building the WMTW set for my home theatre as well....

Pre-built crossovers for the lose :(

Don't go three way if you don't absolutely have to - always better to KISS unless the drivers you're choosing absolutely need that seperate midwoofer/midrange.