Sign in to follow this  
Dennej0605

Newb on the board

Brand new on the forum here. Been lurking a bit since I ordered my DCON and decided to become official. I'm not totally new to the car audio world having had several set ups in the past, but not an expert by any means. Took a several year hiatus and getting interested again. Current ride is a 2003 Audi a4 avant. Ordered a 10" DCON a few weeks ago and getting excited to receive it. The sub will be getting 3 different boxes, starting with an ideal sealed MDF enclosure, then a close to ideal ported MDF enclosure. Probably ending up in my first attempt at a glass enclosure which will most likely be sealed. I am a guy who really, really needs my cargo space so the MDF enclosures are just to play with til I have time to build the stealth glass one.

Welcome

WELCOME.gif to the forum!

Sounds like a great plan and you're gonna love that DCON, especially in the ported enclosure.

What are you doing to do for HU, processing, front stage, amplification, etc.?

Welcome to the forum!

Sticking with the factory Bose components and amp for now, the head unit will be upgraded to a pioneer DVD model soon, probably the x4500bt. Amp for the DCON is a little alpine mrp-m500 which will be giving it the recommended 300w rms at 4 ohms. I have it already installed under the cover for my cargo floor.