garychurch84

crescendo bc2000 or rf t1500-1bdcp

I was on SMD Forum yesterday in the rf section.they got a birthsheet thread just to compare the dif rf models.one 2500bdcp was puttin out a 1000 plus over rated power.that's crazy lol

I was on SMD Forum yesterday in the rf section.they got a birthsheet thread just to compare the dif rf models.one 2500bdcp was puttin out a 1000 plus over rated power.that's crazy lol

I would mention distortion here, but since they are CEA certified i guess i would have to give a pass, although testing of amplifier power is still pretty subjective in my opinion.

The birth sheets are Pemax. They do not account for capatance and reactance of the driver. They are tested with a resistor as their load. This is the reason why the CEA rating is lower than the birth sheet.

The birth sheets are Pemax. They do not account for capatance and reactance of the driver. They are tested with a resistor as their load. This is the reason why the CEA rating is lower than the birth sheet.

I can't find it now and don't know if the new amps are the same way, but the Power series a generation or two ago had an FR that had a 1.5db or 3db peak (can't remember exactly) in the response in the bass and again in the treble. So if the output was rated at 0db but they measured for the birthsheet at one of the "peaks" then the power would inherently show 50-100% higher on the birthsheet.

havent had any experience from either but from what ive read fosgate is the way to go. i know my next amp is a fosgate. just sayin