theo111

Just got my bc2000d, have some questions

Hey my BC2K just came in today and it looks great. I'm looking to install it tomorrow after work but I'm confused as to how to hook up the amp. I've never owned a mono amp that had more than 2 speaker terminals. I have one 2 ohm DVC sub right now rated at 600 watts and would like to wire it in series to 4 ohms to get the 700 watts of power @ 4 ohms. I undersant I have to wire the sub in series but I don't know which speaker terminals to use. Im also receiving another matching sub soon amd would like to know how to wire them both for the 1100 watts @ 2 ohms when. Please help me out these 4 speaker terminals have me stumped

Also, does the bass knob control the gain or does it control the bassboost?

Thanks for reading and thank you for the amp

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurationsm.asp

Use this to figure out how to wire it.

You should end up with a pos and neg wire from the subs. Hook the pos in the outer pos terminal and neg in outer neg terminal.

The remote will turn bass down.

Great choice in amp btw. I have 2 and I love them.

To answer your terminal question, the amp is still a mono amp the second set of terminals are just a convienience feature that some amps have to make it easier to run more than one set of speaker wires Into it, (used if you were using 2 subs or more subs). Basically the 2 positives and two negatives are connected together inside the amp. Its just a convenience feature so if you have the positive wire from sub put it in positive terminal and negative wire to negative terminal. Pick which order u like the look of best lol

Alright that makes sense for the terminals then, ai thought it was so much more complicated lol

So the bass knob can't turn anything up higher than what the dials on the amp are set to? And if I have the bass boost at 0 on the amp what will it turn down?

yeah alot of mono amps come with 2 sets of terminals just so you dont have to cram multiple wires into one terminal. bass knob adjusts gain on the fly pretty much and the remote gain knob wont go past what the gain is set to on the amp.

Just got my second one today. I'm going to strap them together for 4k at 2 ohms. Should be plenty for dual Xcons 15s. This should be fun.

Nice Im gonna have 2 strapped on a pair of zcons! :D

Getting this thjng in tonight, I'm stoked to hear it. mondat my 5ft enclosures coming in too. exciting times :)

Yea sounds like it. Make a build log to show it off!!

I have everything just gotta run it all. My lazy ass takes forever haha