PHATBOi

Extreme Budget Build

Amp is going into protect on low lows at full tilt. Pretty sure I have some voltage drop issues. 2 amps runnin off 1 run of 1/0, 1 Walmart Maxx series under the hood, and stock alt with no big 3, lol. Going to get an HO alt, do the big three, and tuck a second batt in the jack cubby.

I've got a 15" Xcon ported under the console in my ski boat. Just took some clever cutting :)/>

:)

No sir. Runnin Skar amps and mids now. SK1500.1D on the subs and an SK85.4 on 2 PAX6.5's and 2 DB Drive P5TW 8D tweets. Just threw the mids and tweets each on their own channel of the 85.4 all at 4 ohms. Got the tweets hp'd at 5K and the mids around 80. Sounds clean. Like havin seperate gain control between mids/highs.

A lot has changed since I last updated this thread. 86'd the Skar mids. They sounded great but just weren't loud enough for me. I am used to the pro audio midrange sound and the Skars are more of a midbass speaker. Got my Audiopipe APMB6DC's back in and have the mids and tweets wired together and bridged on the SK85.4 at 8 ohms x 2 (or whatever the imp is with a 4 ohm tweet wired in with an 8 ohm mid, probably 3 ohms?) Sounds great and gets plenty loud now. Will be gettin a US Acoustics USX2080 soon for the tweets. It has a 4.5K hpf so I can get them off the stock caps which has them crossed at 10 or 12K or something crazy like that. 

Sold the SK1500.1D. It was nice but I needed the xtra money and I'm just the type of person that prefers to get loud with the least amount of money spent on equipment. Grabbed a VVME INNO-D1500 (AP15001D clone) to throw on the VVME subs for now. In the process of aquiring some double stack Fi Q motors I wll be building into 12's to replace the VVME subs in my box and adding a second INNO-D1500 to strap to the pair at 2 ohms. Figure around 2.2-2.4K clean.

VVME INNO-D1500 installed. Barely got a chance to set gains and filters before the ol' lady had to leave for work. Initial reaction: damn strong. Now I remember why I fucks with Audiopipe.

CAM00453_zpsfb66f3f7.jpg
CAM00454_zps8d09482d.jpg
CAM00455_zps72cfda20.jpg
CAM00456_zpsf014f86e.jpg
CAM00457_zps8a2ce974.jpg

looking good man!!!

Nice! I like and can appreciate budget builds. I just got one of those VVME amps to throw on my cheap subs to replace an old A/B Cadence 600w. I like the amp so far. Definitely making more power now. It seems to have a slightly different frequency response than the Cadence.

Set the gains with a DMM for about 1200w max, but honestly haven't played at that level very much. I have dimming, so I'm a bit worried. I did the big 3, but i have an old battery and may need to go with a HO alternator.

Another good cheap sub suggestion is Tidal Audio. I have 2 of their 12's. They are Image Dynamics IDv2 rip offs (think I got that right). $80 a piece, they have to be one of the best bang for the buck subs. I've bought 4 over the last 3-4 years to go in different vehicles. I'll replace the two I run now when I upgrade, but I don't think I want to sell them lol. I actually wonder how they'd do for home audio...

Thanks. I only have the Big 3 in 4 gage, oversized Maxx battery from Walmart upfront, 1 run of 1/0 to the back, and a 55ah PowerWare. No dimming and I don't drop below 12.5 full tilt. I would suggest adding a second battery in the back before droppin the money on a H/O alt.

Thanks. I only have the Big 3 in 4 gage, oversized Maxx battery from Walmart upfront, 1 run of 1/0 to the back, and a 55ah PowerWare. No dimming and I don't drop below 12.5 full tilt. I would suggest adding a second battery in the back before droppin the money on a H/O alt.

How much was that battery in the back? I've heard people say you need to match your 2nd battery to your main battery if running them in parallel (which I think is what you are describing with the single run of 1/0 to the back). Not sure how true or accurate the matching bit is.

How much was that battery in the back? I've heard people say you need to match your 2nd battery to your main battery if running them in parallel (which I think is what you are describing with the single run of 1/0 to the back). Not sure how true or accurate the matching bit is.

It's a 55ah PowerWare. Get them from a place in Tampa called Square Deal Battery. They sell refurbs and B-Stock cheap with 3-6 month warranties. I've never had 1 issue with any battery bought from them. Got this one for $40 + $20 core charge I had to pay cause I didn't have a core to give. So $60. Have a Wlamart Maxx battery under the hood. I have always run my rear AGM's parallel with my front lead acid batteries and have never had an issue.