Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Actually, I'm quite picky when it comes to what I fuck.

15063316122_11f13f617a_o.jpg

Black Pearl

tumblr_mfvzn4lflg1r68d1so1_500.gif

Actually, I'm quite picky when it comes to what I fuck.

No you're not...

It does look great, Matt. I trust you know I am just giving you a hard time.

Consumer Reports takes its independent vehicle testing procedures seriously. In an era when we have to question the EPA's official ratings thanks to recent re-evaluations from Ford and Hyundai, an independent voice is important. So, when CR says something is the best, it's worth paying attention to.

In this case, CR took a look at the fuel economy of the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and found that it came out on top of the fullsize pickup truck pack. The Ram did so with 20 miles per gallon overall and 27 mpg on the highway. CR gave the truck a total road test score of 82. The EPA says that the EcoDiesel 1500 gets 28 mpg on the highway, 20 mpg city and 23 mpg combined. Comparing official EPA numbers, the Ram is also the best among trucks in its class. It's nice when people agree on something.

As we know from first-hand, long-distance experience, you can push the 1500 EcoDiesel to 38 mpg. CR found in its own testing that the truck had, "about the same fuel-economy numbers that we typically see in a midsized SUV," said Jake Fisher, CR's director of automotive testing, in a statement.

I probably would take that over the M, you save alot of cash and a dinan tune would make it even more impressive then it is

Wonder if the dinan would ruin the CPO warranty...

It does look great, Matt. I trust you know I am just giving you a hard time.

Yup!

I am honestly scared shitless. But I have NEVER made a large purchase that was 100% for myself.

So.... My sales guy called as there was a question being done about the brakes and CPO and it covering the xenon and LEDs.

We are going to wait till I hit 49,900 and then he is going to have a porter drop off a loaner for me at home/work take the car in and do the brakes, and spot paint a few imperfections from road chips etc and replace every soft part and fluid that BMW will allow under the maintenance plan.

Then write up an agreement to cover the lights and a few other details that are grey area in BMWs new 2014 CPO rules. They increased the coverage but it's not clear so the dealt is going to extend some promises to me in writing....

Is this what good dealerships are like?

They forgot to fill the tank for my buddies ST......had to fill that bitch myself before I taught him how to drive it.

Seth, do you have a good understanding of the Xdrive or the new 4.4TT?

Anything I should look out for and do you feel the dinan tune and maybe intercoolers would be "safe".

I can't find out what the difference between the M5 and the 550 engine is. The only serious concerns would be for the 8 speed tranny right?

Something I am a bit surprised about is how little back seat is left when I'm all the way back.

The car is as small as it feels. Not much more room in the back than the 3.

It's absurd that every truck and heavy car doesn't have a diesel option......

Just bonkers.

I need to join some kind of sporty car type forum. Ask some Q's and read. I have no idea what half the shit on this whip does.

Roflmao.

I joined an Escape forum.  Never thought I'd see the day I'd be joining an Escape forum.  Hell, never thought I'd own a Japanese vehicle either, but. . .

Just got done watching Godzilla.  That was probably the best one to date. 

Heh, Jag thinks its a plane

M8iiScX.jpg

Edited by Penguin4x4

You think it's a game? You think it's a fuckin' GAME!??!?!

In a hot r in in Detroit lakes mm

So.... My sales guy called as there was a question being done about the brakes and CPO and it covering the xenon and LEDs.

We are going to wait till I hit 49,900 and then he is going to have a porter drop off a loaner for me at home/work take the car in and do the brakes, and spot paint a few imperfections from road chips etc and replace every soft part and fluid that BMW will allow under the maintenance plan.

Then write up an agreement to cover the lights and a few other details that are grey area in BMWs new 2014 CPO rules. They increased the coverage but it's not clear so the dealt is going to extend some promises to me in writing....

Is this what good dealerships are like?

They forgot to fill the tank for my buddies ST......had to fill that bitch myself before I taught him how to drive it.

That's new to me. Then again the Tundra is the most 'high end' vehicle I have ever owned.

J

Seth, do you have a good understanding of the Xdrive or the new 4.4TT?

Anything I should look out for and do you feel the dinan tune and maybe intercoolers would be "safe".

I can't find out what the difference between the M5 and the 550 engine is. The only serious concerns would be for the 8 speed tranny right?

I don't have a lot of XDrive experience, sorry.

I see no issue with a proven tune and the coolers.

I cannot give a lot of info about the 2 engine variants other than to say the M5's variant provides ~150 more HP and 50 more #/ft of torque. Odds are this is done by tune, as by all appearances in service info it is the same engine. However, service info may not show subtle differences in cam profiles, exhaust design, intake runner design, etc. that can improve performance.

Yeah, IIRC they like to break shift forks in those transmissions.

What's with you guys in Minnesota? You seem to be producing terrorists at a frightening rate.

I blame the weather.