Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Hmm, I was going to use the stock covers but that takes work. THIS is easy. Have to figure out how to plug the two holes though. Any thoughts?

IMG_20150403_104940_zpsvktpvsbz.jpg

And yes the picture is a 2'fer as you can see the stock Bose amp.

Is that an A-pillar? My first though would be make a piece of 1/4" wood (or plastic) into an escutcheon.  

Speaking of pictures of food. I had the 18oz Tristan lobster tail the other day. I am pretty sure they catch it near Fukushima. Thing is bigger than a babies arm!!

Damn...Never ate to much lobster sad.png

I grew up eating elk and deer meat, and have eaten enough beef to last a lifetime. So I would about be a vegetarian at this point if I didn't switch it up. I generally cycle though a different protein each night when cooking at home for myself.

I have eaten enough of deer in my lifetime too...Still love me some deer meat though,but i do not care for ground deer much anymore...Lobster high in protein ?

Speaking of pictures of food. I had the 18oz Tristan lobster tail the other day. I am pretty sure they catch it near Fukushima. Thing is bigger than a babies arm!!

I grew up eating elk and deer meat, and have eaten enough beef to last a lifetime. So I would about be a vegetarian at this point if I didn't switch it up. I generally cycle though a different protein each night when cooking at home for myself.

I have eaten enough of deer in my lifetime too...Still love me some deer meat though,but i do not care for ground deer much anymore...Lobster high in protein ?

Yes very high in protein, iron and a few other key vitamins and electrolytes. 

Speaking of vitamins, come to find out biotin appears to help eczema. Biggest reason I was interested is for the anti-fungal property and as a chelating agent, but learned that along the way.

Breakfast!!!!! fing05.gif

">http://20150403_100933_zpsyrnfiilp.jpg

">http://20150403_100940_zpslhwjguhh.jpg

">http://20150403_100951_zpsgug0qb0w.jpg

What is that slightly browned shit on the plate?

Your eggs look pretty good, one is overcooked. tongue.png

I do not wash my underware in the sink BTW smile.png

I have 4 grand worth of appliances for that biggrin.png

Yes very high in protein, iron and a few other key vitamins and electrolytes. 

As much as tuna?I wear out tuna for the protein..

I think the cast Sears better also.

Nein. Of course the caveat being that is stove related. The cast will burn better. Cast pretty much defeats the purpose of a gas range. All of your ability to modulate heat is gone. When you don't want to modulate of course that can be an advantage. This also means when you don't have enough heat it will sear better, but that is due to a deficiency of the stove not a benefit of the pan.

Wait..... I think cast actually radiates heat harder than stainless... Sears NY steak like a boss!

Also hurtful comment about the coocktop bro.

:'-(

Center console in the truck is dissassembled.

Have to remove the fucking seats I think though as it is "stuck"

Sucks because I have no deadening and am probably too lazy to pull them out again. Doh.gif

I have a roll of RaMmatt
what are you doing today, lol

Work until 8.

:-(

Center console in the truck is dissassembled.

Have to remove the fucking seats I think though as it is "stuck"

Sucks because I have no deadening and am probably too lazy to pull them out again. Doh.gif

I have a roll of RaMmatt
what are you doing today, lol

Work until 8.

:-(

No good friday off??

The X is fixing to come see me smile.png Bitch took $200.000 from me and still wants to see me later tonight fuckin B.S.

"Miss" the honey pot and spear her turf cutter.
You have a way with words. If I ever record a blues album you are singing.

I read a lot of Shakespeare.

I lol'ed on that one.

I work Wednesday-Sunday.

Sunday I work 12-6, Thursday-Saturday is 9:30-8. Wednesday is my travel day, so 9-7ish.

I'm supposed to cut out at 6 but I'm handling an extra store, for free right now BTW, and I would rather do a really good job than an ok job.

Believe it was Ryan that said NOT to buy Lodge brand cast iron? Curious why?

Cast iron is pretty much cast iron.

<-never uses cast iron in the house, but a ton on a fire.

I use cast for 90% of my cooking.

I'm not used to the copper, so it gets used less.

J, I recommend not buying lodge because the way they cast it leaves a rough surface. In my opinion you should hit it with a grinding wheel to smooth it out if you had one.

You can buy old one for cheap. If they are a little rusty it's not a problem. It's easy to clean up.

Believe it was Ryan that said NOT to buy Lodge brand cast iron? Curious why?

Cast iron is pretty much cast iron.

<-never uses cast iron in the house, but a ton on a fire.

I use cast for 90% of my cooking.

I'm not used to the copper, so it gets used less.

J, I recommend not buying lodge because the way they cast it leaves a rough surface. In my opinion you should hit it with a grinding wheel to smooth it out if you had one.

You can buy old one for cheap. If they are a little rusty it's not a problem. It's easy to clean up.

I have a set of Wenzel cast irons that do the trick. Curiosity just got the best of me. :)

I work Wednesday-Sunday.

Sunday I work 12-6, Thursday-Saturday is 9:30-8. Wednesday is my travel day, so 9-7ish.

I'm supposed to cut out at 6 but I'm handling an extra store, for free right now BTW, and I would rather do a really good job than an ok job.

You got to work easter sun?

Nein. Of course the caveat being that is stove related. The cast will burn better. Cast pretty much defeats the purpose of a gas range. All of your ability to modulate heat is gone. When you don't want to modulate of course that can be an advantage. This also means when you don't have enough heat it will sear better, but that is due to a deficiency of the stove not a benefit of the pan.

Wait..... I think cast actually radiates heat harder than stainless... Sears NY steak like a boss!

It shouldn't.

I'm trying to think about it from a thermodynamic perspective. The cast iron has a lot of thermal mass so when you drop a cold (room temp is cold relative to 800°+) steak it has more heat in it to give to the steak. However the heat source below has to heat all the mass and you get a slow response. It makes it more imperative on cast iron that you have enough room to flip the steak to the hot side of the pan.

With stainless you have a lot less thermal mass, so it heats and cools more quickly. If the heat source can't provide enough heat you lose the temperature.

I assume that ideally, there is nothing between your steak and the heat source (i.e a grill) and the heat source provides all the heat you need, but a pan provides a better contact surface (i.e. touching hot air isn't a bad as touching hot metal)

PS - Not saying you don't know this, just trying to write it out to understand my thoughts.

So we had a hail storm last night (with 80 MPH gusts) and the cars got hit. Trying to decide what I'm going to do.

Wife's hood. She also has dents on the rood and rear quarter and a good dent on the rear hatch (at a seam)

IMG_20150403_123109598-ANIMATION.gif

My truck hood has some small dents, roof has a few as well.

Guess my next step will be to take it to a shop for an estimate. My deductible is $1000, but if I do one vehicle I might as well do both, because I only pay the deductible once.

Radiation isn't the need, transmitting is. Cast is a big ole capacitor for heat. Not ideal for cooking when you change temps. If you get it rip roarin' hot it will stay that way when you put cold food on it if your stove can't keep up.

So we had a hail storm last night (with 80 MPH gusts) and the cars got hit. Trying to decide what I'm going to do.

Wife's hood. She also has dents on the rood and rear quarter and a good dent on the rear hatch (at a seam)

Guess my next step will be to take it to a shop for an estimate. My deductible is $1000, but if I do one vehicle I might as well do both, because I only pay the deductible once.

Shit man. Glad it wasn't much worse.

J

Your storms are in my neighborhood now...smile.png

Got my least favorite part of any install done. Battery is wired into the truck.

And Doh.gif since I didn't shop that means I have a bigger power wire than ground tongue.png

I didn't need the bigger size, but it was all I had for power and I barely had enough for ground.

Can easily run a bigger ground out elsewhere, but this was a simple install so to battery they both will go.

Just a clarification. I never said anything positive about plain old stainless cookware.