Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I'd pick the hardest things for you to understand and then find something in your personal life to use them on.

Fantasy football stats are fun to play with.  The pivot tools in Excel I find myself using to do all sorts of things in my personal life.  While not statistics they are surely useful for playing with lists of numbers to understand many concepts that are needed in statistics.

Off the alcoholic thing, I am taking elementary statistics this semester. Does anyone have any websites they suggest to do extra practice to see if I truly get it? He so far has done alot to explain how to use excel for stats, but we are just beginning to get into the meat and potatoes and I'd like to ensure I completely understand as math has always been a poor subject for me.

J

Try not thinking so hard and block everything else out you are thinking about and it will come to you I promise.

10 years ago we all had a lot less cares in the world, fun is definitely what we need.

I am with you :)

I agree to a point. At this point 10 years ago I was prepping to go on Active Duty. While I had less cares then, I also was far less resiliant and had a much worse temper. I miss the fun from 10 years ago. That is for damn sure.

J

I'd pick the hardest things for you to understand and then find something in your personal life to use them on.

Fantasy football stats are fun to play with. The pivot tools in Excel I find myself using to do all sorts of things in my personal life. While not statistics they are surely useful for playing with lists of numbers to understand many concepts that are needed in statistics.

That's a really good idea Sean. I'll have to give that a shot with the next module. We had our first test today, and while a 91 is not 'bad' it's not up to snuff for what I expect. Especially since the questions I got wrong I should have known better on.

J

Fantasy football stats are fun to play with. The pivot tools in Excel I find myself using to do all sorts of things in my personal life. While not statistics they are surely useful for playing with lists of numbers to understand many concepts that are needed in statistics.

If you are half as smart as you think you are. You would ignore his comments completely. Talking shit to someone that has a actual addiction problem is the wrong thing to do. You can find out the hard way or realize it before something stupid happens

If you are half as smart as you think you are. You would ignore his comments completely. Talking shit to someone that has a actual addiction problem is the wrong thing to do. You can find out the hard way or realize it before something stupid happens

If you would please go back to when Mike joined and realize that we have tried on NUMEROUS occasions to encourage him to get help. To get off the bottle and get things straightened out. Yes it is not an easy thing. That being said, enabeling someone with a substance abuse problem by acting as if their actions are without consequence is much worse than addressing the issues at hand.

J

If you would please go back to when Mike joined and realize that we have tried on NUMEROUS occasions to encourage him to get help. To get off the bottle and get things straightened out. Yes it is not an easy thing. That being said, enabeling someone with a substance abuse problem by acting as if their actions are without consequence is much worse than addressing the issues at hand.

J

I joined in early 2009..

J

Look man we all know he is fucked up. And we all know why. Lets not hold. That against him.

J

Look man we all know he is fucked up. And we all know why. Lets not hold. That against him.

Dafuq?..lmao..

I had someone die very close to me that was so similar to him in so mamy ways. I wish i would have taken the time to understand what the actual problem was instead of talking shit. Instead. Im here alone wondering.

Mikel you added me as a friend's a few days ago. Correct?

J

To sit here and condone it will only make it worse. We have attempted to help, but he has turned that down. If he wants to keep putting in bullshit that makes no sense, arguing with well respected members, or making outrageous claims with no basis or proof to back it up, he will be called on it. Hell anyone would be.

That's how most people are. We will try to help you, but when you reject it you no longer get sympothy.

J

Really is all fun for the most part guys..enjoy yoursellf because one day itmay be gone.I am enjoying myself for the most part "except working 80+hours a week most of the time" that is what it is all about right?

Mikel you added me as a friend's a few days ago. Correct?

Yep probably longer than that idk.

I had someone die very close to me that was so similar to him in so mamy ways. I wish i would have taken the time to understand what the actual problem was instead of talking shit. Instead. Im here alone wondering.

Some of us actually understand addiction. Some of us have had our battles with addiction as well.

While I am sorry for your loss, an addict really has three choices;

Get help and get sober with assistance

Get arrested and get sober in jail with no real help

Die

That's about it.

J

You want me to ignore J's comments on asking help with statistics?  wtf?

Notice the only ones that gets bull shit awnsers.Is the ones that gives others the same in return or is some what rude to other members. But it is ok for someone else to dish it out but not ok for them to take it back in return right? Review my post and see for yourself.

J

Nobody is, but the situation doesn't make it acceptable for him to act like a dipshit.  Leaving that alone will just further encourage it.  Anyone whose been around anyone with any addiction should understand that.

I am starting to think it is becaise I am a redneck...lol

That has nothing to do with it.

Gust a geuss idk..You have made fun of me many times for were I lived..lol

No, I've made fun of where you live, not that you live there.  Two completely different things.

J

Nobody is, but the situation doesn't make it acceptable for him to act like a dipshit. Leaving that alone will just further encourage it. Anyone whose been around anyone with any addiction should understand that.
i really thought i did till. Death.

I am not that bad of a guy really..I just get fired up with those that mistreats people that is all.It can be held against me it don't bother me much anymore what anybody thinks of me.As long as everbody is happy with them self.