Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

7 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I jut bought 14 Gen 2 Magpuls loaded with Federäl green tips.  You just made me realize my home is soon becoming an ammo stash.

I have a little stash myself. The wife did not like the glock as much as she thought. Glad I did not buy her one.

We were driving tacks at 200 yards. Pretty happy with the way I have these 2 AR's set up. Next up is BRO AR's unless I give in and but more glass for my camera!

I may pony up and get an ACOG for that one.

6 minutes ago, nem said:

I have a little stash myself. The wife did not like the glock as much as she thought. Glad I did not buy her one.

Too wide for her hands?

I'm actually looking to downsize for carry.  There are a lot of nice options in .380.

13 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

Too wide for her hands?

I hear that from women all the time myself.

I do not understand pistols in anything other than 9mm and 45.  Maybe 22.

Everything else is esoteric to me.

16 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

Too wide for her hands?

It fit her hands fine, just did not like the trigger and safety. 

2 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I only carry a 45.

Best part of today is, it freaken snowed!!

Just now, nem said:

It fit her hands fine, just did not like the trigger and safety. 

Yeah, not a fan of Glock triggers, myself.

What safety? Did Glock start putting safeties on their pistols? I won't carry a striker with a safety, personally.

5 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Gimme a 40 in a subcompact any day.

FWIW the 357 mag may be the single best handgun round available.

4 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

Yeah, not a fan of Glock triggers, myself.

What safety? Did Glock start putting safeties on their pistols? I won't carry a striker with a safety, personally.

They are still made the same.

I am going to get a Kimber micro for her to try next since she loves her Browning 1911-22 compact. 

The reason I want her to get a center fire gun is to take self defense classes along with my daughter. 

8 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Does the camera have flash? Try putting a whit paper in front of the light source and see what that does.

Yes it does. I wanted the long exposure so I could gather the light from the tubes, which don't glow as brightly as they appear. I just turned on and off a little hand light that I have in the hopes that it would make the plates and label somewhat visible. I tried various length of exposure to the light, and I just liked that one best. I wish that the KT88 did not rend a shadow on the plates, though.

5 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

Gimme a 40 in a subcompact any day.

FWIW the 357 mag may be the single best handgun round available.

Yes the 357 is a kick ass round! I like to mix in 38's along with 357's in the wheel guns for my daughter. I am going to do that to Aaron when he comes up to shoot.

The best handgun round would be a subsonic 50 cal of undetermined grain with the option to run super sonic. Silenced of course.

Assuming we are limited to the 50 cal restriction.

Unless you define round by being able to carry the most rounds, then again I would say 9mm.

I should also mention that I meant pistols as in autoloaders and not all handguns.  And part of my rationalizations have to do with availability and ability to afford the rounds so you can practice more.  If money didn't matter then I would have not included 9mm in all truth.

16 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Texans practically worship at the shrine of .40 S&W.

I have a soft spot for neck downed wildcats like .32 NAA, 9x25, and .400 Cor-Bon, but I would still pick my Gen4 G17 the first time, every time.

7 minutes ago, Penguin4x4 said:

I have a soft spot for neck downed wildcats like .32 NAA, 9x25, and .400 Cor-Bon, but I would still pick my Gen4 G17 the first time, every time.

357 sig is impressive.

So for every 73 empty 223 cases (1lb) I will get $1.85 credit toward more ammo at Freedom Munitions.

Better than nothing I guess.

5 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

357 sig is impressive.

My buddy has the 229 in both 9mm and 357. We were shooting it today.

He is a retired policeman. 

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I'd hate it in a car.  Takes too long to put it in and out and the thing is HUGE, but on a bike it is 100% necessary when you ride off road.

You must be an extremely efficient person. Takes me longer to pull it out of my pocket than put it in the holder. Does take 2 hands but whatever.

53 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I'm actually looking to downsize for carry.  There are a lot of nice options in .380.

Fun story: my dad and I dislike my mom's P238 because it's fussy with hollowpoints and because shooting it without slide bite is a chore. No problem for her, though; she's dead ass on at up to 10 yards with it. Her explanation: "Well, I've always been good at dealing with little bastards."

So naturally, we now call it "Lil Bastard".

42 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

Yes it does. I wanted the long exposure so I could gather the light from the tubes, which don't glow as brightly as they appear. I just turned on and off a little hand light that I have in the hopes that it would make the plates and label somewhat visible. I tried various length of exposure to the light, and I just liked that one best. I wish that the KT88 did not rend a shadow on the plates, though.

No matter the light source I just meant using the white paper as a diffuser. That would stop the pen light from creating the white spots I saw on the tubes.

17 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

You must be an extremely efficient person. Takes me longer to pull it out of my pocket than put it in the holder. Does take 2 hands but whatever.

Noticed that ones wide open for jokes....