Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

4 hours ago, MKader17 said:

That is very likely true but, even if I pull on the wire I can't get the shifter to lengthen the cable to the max length 

Big ring is the shortest length

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

I feel exactly the same when the gun talk happens.

Canon & Nikon started out in the gun business.  What do you think they were designing optics for?

2 hours ago, nem said:

Unrelated I have been looking at garage lightening. I picked up one of these to try and really like the light it puts off. I think 8 will light a 30x40 area nicely.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/4ft-led-shoplight-shoplight-led/prod16460030.ip?navAction=

That's really cheap!  I'd be skeptical of longevity.  Also, if your ceiling is more than 10 feet, I'd look into doubling them up or something else purposely designed.  LED light diffuses rather quickly or diffracts.  Not sure the proper term here,but as the light gets further away, the less intense the luminosity.  

Also, a lot of cheaper LEDs have issues in the cold.  If your space won't be heated, you may have issues in the winter.

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

That's really cheap!  I'd be skeptical of longevity.  Also, if your ceiling is more than 10 feet, I'd look into doubling them up or something else purposely designed.  LED light diffuses rather quickly or diffracts.  Not sure the proper term here,but as the light gets further away, the less intense the luminosity.  

Also, a lot of cheaper LEDs have issues in the cold.  If your space won't be heated, you may have issues in the winter.

Got one for test purposes and will get another for over the work bench, I am going 8' florescent more than likely. Ceiling height is 10'. 

As for the guns, I have small hands and a small frame.  The smaller gun only makes sense for me.  Why on earth would I want a larger caliber I cannot control?  Simple physics.  

My PX4 grouping is scary after the 3rd shot in quick fire.  I want the rounds nice and tight and all of them on target.  Ballistics data also show the .380 to be just as capable as the larger calibers at close range, making it ideal for smaller people.

10 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

As for the guns, I have small hands and a small frame.  The smaller gun only makes sense for me.  Why on earth would I want a larger caliber I cannot control?  Simple physics.  

My PX4 grouping is scary after the 3rd shot in quick fire.  I want the rounds nice and tight and all of them on target.  Ballistics data also show the .380 to be just as capable as the larger calibers at close range, making it ideal for smaller people.

Always use what fits, feels, and fires properly for your purpose. Never force yourself to like something. 

Hell the most deadly round is a 22LR, it goes in and makes a mess with no exit wound. 

14 minutes ago, nem said:

Always use what fits, feels, and fires properly for your purpose. Never force yourself to like something. 

Hell the most deadly round is a 22LR, it goes in and makes a mess with no exit wound. 

Like a pinball in your guts.

29 minutes ago, nem said:

Got one for test purposes and will get another for over the work bench, I am going 8' florescent more than likely. Ceiling height is 10'. 

If you go that route, I suggest T5HOs.  T8s my be a bit cheaper,but the 5s will last longer and put out the same light using 30% less energy nd the higher voltage HOs will light quick and fully no matter your temp.

That's what I did, lots of 4's instead of 8's including some back to back.  Lights up the garage well.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

If you go that route, I suggest T5HOs.  T8s my be a bit cheaper,but the 5s will last longer and put out the same light using 30% less energy nd the higher voltage HOs will light quick and fully no matter your temp.

We use T5's at work in our buildings and I have been keeping on eye on the fixtures they don't need. Just in the waiting process for approval.

Some of the fixtures have the motion sensor in them. 

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Number One Rule of a Gun Fight: Have a gun

A bullet in the gut is a bullet in the gut

Better a small gun than no gun

plus a bajillion and one other sayings

So cute I almost had a heart attack

smDSC_0009_zpsvieqivzz.jpg

You need to use your remote....unless you wanted to be in the picture.

Need a higher or lower fstop in that pic imo as well.  Either all in focus or some drastically not.  In between looks like an oops.

35mm 1.8 or 50mm 1.8, or 85mm 1.8? Mostly indoor shots.

Indoor of what?

Any thoughts of later buying a 1.4?  Only ask because it would maybe change which 1.8 to buy.

35mm is too wide for portraits and too narrow for wide

50mm is great for face portraits inside, bodies in bigger spaces

85mm is too tight for inside IMO as you will be limited to only faces or similar sized objects without some unnatural distance

You have all the above ranges though.  Shoot at them and compare...pick 3 different targets and use your tripod.

Could hand hold, but easier to lock in the range when you aren't looking through it

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Indoor of what?

Any thoughts of later buying a 1.4?  Only ask because it would maybe change which 1.8 to buy.

You have all the above ranges though.  Shoot at them and compare...pick 3 different targets and use your tripod.

Indoor implying closer shots.

Perhaps. Why would it change which to buy?

Didn't think about that.

On 4/30/2016 at 2:55 AM, nem said:

I have been looking for some Polish beer locally and have not had any luck. 

I am looking for Zywiec and Lomza, anybody have advice on how I can get some?

I wish I still had some Zywiec from when we visited. I liked that beer lot. 

2 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Indoor implying closer shots.

Perhaps. Why would it change which to buy?

Didn't think about that.

Because grabbing an 85 1.8 for $200 to accessorize a 50mm 1.4 for $250 would be awesome and outside of wide replace your lenses nearly completely

Add a cheap 24mm and you are golden.  The 24mm doesnt need to be as fast as you will probably use it for groups and spaces needing a fstop or 5.6 or higher